Disabling Windows Firewall

There is no way to uninstall windows fire wall. As far as turning back on when you restart , I have no Ideal why you are having this Problem. Maybe someone here will have a ideal. I know if I disable mine it stays off.

I suggest disabling the Windows Firewall service (Run/service.msc), it should then stay off after reboot (I'm working to the assumption that you know what you're doing stopping the firewall!):).

Its my understanding the W7 firewall is far better than previos windows firewalls. Why you'd want to disable is puzzling & putting your pc at risk.:eek:

Why you'd want to disable is puzzling & putting your pc at risk.:eek:
That's my question too - - very bad choice. I can only conjecture he's having problems and can't find the real problem - - many people jump to the conclusion "It must be my firewall".

That's my question too - - very bad choice. I can only conjecture he's having problems and can't find the real problem - - many people jump to the conclusion "It must be my firewall".

You maybe right, But he maybe adding his own personal firewall. Could go either way. Just hope he knows what he is doing.

But he maybe adding his own personal firewall.
Perhaps. With XP/Pro, I too elected a 3rd party FW, but with Win/7, I'm going native and it is very satisfactory.
Configuration is a tad complicated, but that's common.

Perhaps. With XP/Pro, I too elected a 3rd party FW, but with Win/7, I'm going native and it is very satisfactory.
Configuration is a tad complicated, but that's common.

Very true. Win 7 firewall dose the job, Plus a router helps to.:)

Back