Disabling Windows Firewall

By Dan Palmer
Aug 27, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. Cobalt006

Cobalt006 TechSpot Maniac Posts: 1,748   +162

There is no way to uninstall windows fire wall. As far as turning back on when you restart , I have no Ideal why you are having this Problem. Maybe someone here will have a ideal. I know if I disable mine it stays off.
  2. Zoltan Head

Zoltan Head TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 268   +27

I suggest disabling the Windows Firewall service (Run/service.msc), it should then stay off after reboot (I'm working to the assumption that you know what you're doing stopping the firewall!):).
  3. learninmypc

learninmypc TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 5,161   +225

Its my understanding the W7 firewall is far better than previos windows firewalls. Why you'd want to disable is puzzling & putting your pc at risk.:eek:
  4. jobeard

jobeard TS Ambassador Posts: 13,336   +293

That's my question too - - very bad choice. I can only conjecture he's having problems and can't find the real problem - - many people jump to the conclusion "It must be my firewall".
  5. learninmypc

6. Cobalt006

You maybe right, But he maybe adding his own personal firewall. Could go either way. Just hope he knows what he is doing.
  7. learninmypc

Hopefully he'll be able to get back in here for expert help.(y)
  8. jobeard

jobeard TS Ambassador Posts: 13,336   +293

Perhaps. With XP/Pro, I too elected a 3rd party FW, but with Win/7, I'm going native and it is very satisfactory.
    Configuration is a tad complicated, but that's common.
  9. Cobalt006

Very true. Win 7 firewall dose the job, Plus a router helps to.:)
  10. Dan Palmer

Dan Palmer Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

Thanks for the help guys, I ran a "repair" of my windows installation which seemed to fix the issue

11. learninmypc

Thanks for replying, hopefully you'll be ok.:)

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.