Disappearing photos

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone,
I recently hooked up an external harddrive to back up everything important on my computer. There is one problem, when I put all my photos(from Iphoto)in there they have disappeared. The icon is there on both main and external but the photos have gone to some "secret" place on my computer.
Any ideas?
Thanks,
Bill

go in the hard drive and seach the name of one of the files if you know them. Also, just for extra measure, make sure hidden files and folders are shown. I see no reason why they would disappear of your computer itself if it was just copying the files over to the external...

Yangly18, that might be a step to take if he was in Windows, but he's on OS X.

iPhoto handles things a bit different, and your actual iPhoto library can be in 1 large file on the hard drive. I'm not in OS X right now so I can't check, but can you make iPhoto scan your hard drive again for photos? There is also a program that is like WinDirStat for OS X, if you have a lot of photos you can use that to get a visual map of the drive and go over the large files and see if your iPhoto library is one of them, it will give you the location.

Try spotlight search on the right upper corner of your desktop. Or you can go and search library items from 'go' menu.
o.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back