Disk Boot Failure Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys, this is my first post on this website, so i'm not sure if I really found the right forum category.

Anyways here's my problem:

I was helping a friend clean out an old office space, I saw a spare computer lying around, so I took it (I asked first). I set it up and when I turned it on, it booted up to a Linux OS selection screen, whereupon nothing happened and I was forced to restart the computer. Another thing to note is that this computer has ARAID99 1000L Hard drives, it's the kind that the first drive duplicates itself onto the second, but there is a setting to make it only use one drive, which I prefer.

So anyways, when I restarted it a bunch of times, trying to boot up an xp installation cd rom, I got a DISK BOOT FAILURE, INSERT SYSTEM DISK AND PRESS ENTER. Since then, I have rebooted many times, trying to boot up from different drives, but it comes to the same error every time, no matter what I do to the BIOS.

I've read many other threads with this same issue, but I feel that none of them really apply to me because this computer is running Linux and uses ARAID99 hard drives.

By the way, my end goal is to have windows XP installed on it.

Sorry for the longwinded question, but if you can help me i will be extremely grateful!!

by the way, this thing has a floppy drive, but I have no other computers with a floppy drive so there isn't really any chance of me being able to make a boot floppy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back