Not open for further replies.
Im having the hardest time getting xp installed right on my raid array
this is my setup

a8n-sli V1011
amd 64 3000+
2 gb corsair xmsc2 pro
2x seagate 80g sata Raid 0
1x seagate 40g ide

windows xp pro installed just fine with nforce4 v6.66 sataraid drivers. The only problem im having is when i take my xp disc out and restart the computer i get "DISK BOOT FAILURE PLEASE ENTER SYSTEM DISK AND PRESS ENTER". So i restarted my computer and put the install disc back in didnt press anything when it asked me to go to setup and windows started again. So in order to run my computer i have to leave the install disc in at all times? there has to be another way please help.

Hi
Are you installing the raid driver at the required time durring install? Do you have both cdrom and hdd selected as boot devices in bios? If you only have cdrom selected that will be a problem.

yeah. enable your hdd as your second boot priority... if it still doesn't work when xp first starts installing, it will say press F6 (or watever) to install a 3rd Party SCSI or RAID driver. i would advise pressing F6 if you haven't already done so. install the driver then install windows and see if it works. why may i ask do you want raid? i find it a bother but maybe thats just me...:|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back