TechSpot

Disk Boot Failure

By Fiends
Jul 14, 2007
  1. Now this is extremely weird, I merely changed hard drives in my computer recently and now I get this error with both drives when I turn my computer on. I checked the few threads based on this previously and none of the solutions worked. The jumpers are fine, CTRL - ALT - DEL restarts the computer which brings it back to the message and it seems the CMOS can't detect the hard drive. Both hard drives worked and I even tried using a brand new hard drive. The thing is, my computer worked fine and I really didn't touch anything besides my hard drives with a static band on. I even bought a brand new hard drive and tried it out and that didn't work either.

Confused, frustrated... What could be wrong? My board detects the DVD drive and it seems to have no other problem besides detecting hard drives. If anybody knows anything I can do, I would be most appreciated by any solution... Thanks.

2. raybay

raybay TS Evangelist Posts: 7,241   +9

Remove one drive, and try again with whatever you choose to use as master.

Worry about the second one later... but you need to figger out basics first.

3. Fiends

Fiends TS Rookie Topic Starter

I am not trying to use more than one drive at one time.

4. membrane

membrane TS Rookie Posts: 41

Could you post your system specs?

5. Fiends

Fiends TS Rookie Topic Starter

Yeah no problem.

3.2 Pentium 4 processor
    1 gig of RAM
    160 gig hard drive
    RealTek onboard sound
    x1600 Radeon
    LG DVD-R drive