Disk Clean Up Manager for Windows

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmo07

I'm having a problem with my windows disk clean up.
Evertime I launch it I get a message saying it has encountered a problem and that it needs to close. Need help fixing this, it has been going on since last year.
Thanks in advance.

Jmo

You can start Disk Cleanup, by doing any of the following:
  • Click Start> Run> type cleanmgr,OK.
    -or-
  • Click Start> All Programs> Accessories> System Tools> Disk Cleanup.
    -or-
  • In Windows Explorer (right click on Start> Explore> My Computer: right-click the disk in which you want to free up space> Properties> General tab> Disk Cleanup.
Make sure the correct drive is selected:
Disk%20Cleanup%2001.gif

http://www.theeldergeek.com/disk_cleanup_utility.htm

Try a different method for what you were doing.

If you get an error, go to the Event Viewer and find the Error that corresponds to this message:

Start> Run> type in eventvwr

Do this on each the System and the Applications logs:

• [1]. Click to open the log>
    [2]. Look for the Error>
    [3] .Right click on the Error> Properties>
    [4]. Click on Copy button, top right, below the down arrow >
    [5]. Paste here (Ctrl V)
    [6].NOTES
    • You can ignore Warnings and Information Events.
    • If you have a recurring Error with same ID#, same Source and same Description, only one copy is needed.
    • You don't need to include the lines of code in the box below the Description, if any.
    • Please do not copy the entire Event log.

Errors are time coded. Check the computer clock at crash.

If you do not do this maintenance regularly, you might need to manually delete some of the files and folders first, then start the disc cleanup.

You can also do an Error Check before the cleanup, checking both boxes on the Error Checking screen> Reboot.

Hi Bobbye,

You heleped me with another problem I was having and had suggested I ran a *Preliminary Virus And Malware Removal*. It seemed when I did that it also fixed the problem I was having running my disk clean up when I was doing this: Click Start> All Programs> Accessories> System Tools> Disk Cleanup. now I'm able to run it without a problem, my computer is also running a little faster, I'm not getting annoying security pop ups...so it seemed like preliminary steps you suggested did alot of things that helped my computer. THANK YOU! I was using CCleaner before since I wasn't able to run disk clean up before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back