Disk conrtol failure

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disk controller failure

hi Im just new here and I was hoping to get some help

I was going about my normal work on my Evo laptop and all the sudden
it literally started snarling and clicking at me giveing me that horrible scary blue screen then it was working fine until today when it did the blue screen again saying it had a kernel data inpage error.. I restarted it
and now it starts this intermitent clicking and right at the screen where it says the brand name of computer it is it says disk controller failure and goes to that old dos favorite "nonsystem disk or disk error please replace and strike any key" there is no disk so I strike keys at random and nothing happens it just keeps saying that over and over again
pleeeeease help its driving me crazy

Bad Hard Drive!!!

Liska,

It sounds like your hard drive it is taking it's last breaths, so to speak. If you can boot far enough to backup anything you need, do it and consider yourself lucky. There is the remote possibility that it is actually the controller, which is on the motherboard itself, but the fact that you heard clicking 99.9% means that your hard drive died or is on its way out.

Hope this helps.

I should have had the foresite to do that when it was working yesterday..
wow thats some bad news I figured it was some thing like that

well thanks. it really does help me out at least now I know whats going on
Thats the second one this year!
alas poor Evo I knew ye well... :dead:

Agree w/ Andy...

From my limited knowledge on viruses, it's extremely rare that they can do, or are written to do, physical damage to hardware. The drive has probably worn out from age or it's defective. You might look into a manufacture's warranty if the drive is less than a year or two old.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back