Disk space showing low, cant install new softwares

Status
Not open for further replies.

gopu

Hi,

My system is showing low disc space and when I try to install programs its getting cancelled because of that.

I tried cleaning up my disc yet the problem exists, I always use the cleaning program.
yet its showing low disk space. Only my C:\ drive is full rest of all the drives have a lot of space. I tried uninstalling couple of programs from the C:\ drive but yet the problem is there. I was actually trying to uninstall some programs from the C:\ drive and installing it to the other drives but after I uninstalled it, it is not getting installed saying that I have low disk space.

Is there any way to change the location of the programs in the C:\ drive to other drives without actually uninstalling them.

Can I increase the space of my C:\ drive by adding a hard drive?
Can anyone guide me to add an additional hard drive?

Thanks,

Gopu.

Hi gopu again!

Actually you are not supplying all the information required

Your harddrive is 80Gig
Your C drive is Used? Free? amount. You can find this information by going to My Computer-->Right click on C drive-->Select Properties

Please supply this information

...and installing it to the other drives
What other drive?
Is it an external drive? An internal Drive? Or another Partition on your single HardDrive?
Is there any way to change the location of the programs in the C:\ drive to other drives without actually uninstalling them
There are tools that can do this, but I wouldn't advise this
You are best to uninstall fully first
Be aware that installing programs to other drives (other than C drive) will, in most cases, still install some files to C drive (ie into Windows folder)

Can I increase the space of my C:\ drive by adding a hard drive?
This question is too confusing! Please re-word it.

Can anyone guide me to add an additional hard drive?
This depends on if you have Sata or only ATA availability on your motherboard
Also this will also put more strain on your Power Supply and Motherboard
In most cases, it can be easily done, as long as there is availability of motherboard connection, and physical area available.

I would also recommend common sense in addition to a cleaning program - no program can find all the trash. Install a disk visualisation tool like Seqoia View to get an idea where your disk space is going.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back