Disk usage 100% spikes

For a while now my laptop lenovo y510p(with the 2 graphic cards ver.) is getting 100% disk usage spikes this greatly lowers the speed and causes massive fps drops when playing games, usually it will last 30sec-2min, they come at random sometimes just 1 or 2 and then nothing for few hours sometimes very regular. I was googeling for solution a few times now but with no success. Is there any solution to this? or at least is there a way to maybe find whats causing it or narrowing down the suspects?

how it looks on performance manager during playing CSGO(fps dropped from around 200 to around 50), also this happens even when iam just on desktop: https://puu.sh/wxt9N/ba8154f52f.png

Run CLEANMGR to delete tmps; also set VM size to equal Min & Max sizes

Right-click on Computer ->Properties
on far left side->Advanced System Settings
click Adv Tab->Performance ->Settings button
Adv tab again
Virtual Memory->Change
make both Min = Max = 2x your real memory installed (notice it's measured in MB)

I had this problem with my hp laptop. I also googled the problem and tried the following.
Changing pagefile(virtual memory) like posted above. (didnt work)
removing programs from the startup list (didnt work)
updating drivers (didnt work)

The only thing that worked for me was
clean installing windows
using the default driver for my graphics card instead of updating it
not installing avast antivirus but instead using windows defender.

Disk no longer stays at 100% usage. Im not sure which one of these things fixed it or if it was a combination of all of them but its the only thing that worked for me.

Back