Dislike something? Facebook wants to know why you hide News Feed items

By David Tom
Jul 24, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. When trying to learn more about our preferences, understanding why we dislike something is just as important as knowing why we like something. Facebook has no plans to release a ‘dislike’ button anytime soon, probably foreseeing the turmoil and subsequent...

Read more
  2. Unless it's a "featured" ad, in which case you can try to hide it all day long but it'll keep coming back.
  3. MilwaukeeMike

MilwaukeeMike TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 1,889   +608

They forgot 'In the way' and then they need to add 'All of the above' to the list of options and everyone will be able to answer truthfully.
    cliffordcooley likes this.
  4. tipstir

tipstir TS Ambassador Posts: 4,487   +73

To many ads in your face with them. I use Adblock and Blocker (script), bye-bye in your face ads on face book!
  5. andrewdoyle88

andrewdoyle88 Newcomer, in training

I have a lot of douche canoes from high school so a lot of them I block. Its becoming a trend to 'share' contests which is super annoying. I have to block my friend because they keep thinking they are going to win a free round of golf.
  6. tipstir

You can block your account so only friends can see you. If you want to add others you need to send them a request. This is how I do it on FB. So you wanted to add me it won't work.
  7. Simple answer: annoying
  8. cliffordcooley

cliffordcooley TechSpot Paladin Posts: 5,067   +1,180

I've heard complaints about those settings defaulting when Facebook does an update, which is all too frequent. That is only part of the reason why I no longer care about Facebook. The question should be why people who no longer use Facebook, dislikes it so.
  9. jobeard

jobeard TS Ambassador Posts: 13,026   +221

Interesting. Yahoo has both Like & Dislike and it remembers your choices (if you first login) by setting cookies. Not real precise, but better than nothing - - I can't stand any more re the Kardashians
  10. tipstir

Run it for a few reasons, online business, some friends contact. To me not much going on there then again the summer.
  11. veLa

veLa TechSpot Booster Posts: 436   +70

They should really add a dislike button
  12. treetops

treetops TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 1,570   +41

Because they are to lame to add a thumbs down button
  13. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 2,192   +511

I've never noticed these ad's on my account but maybe that's just because I seldom use Facebook or any social networking site. I may just sign in for the 2nd time this year to check things out.

14. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 2,192   +511

There is a dislike button which I've just discovered.
  15. I dislike lots of things on facebook, one being facebook commiting blatant censorship. That left aside for a moment, I'd like to know why there isn't a dislike button yet !
  16. cliffordcooley

cliffordcooley TechSpot Paladin Posts: 5,067   +1,180

Thats actually one good thing about Facebook!

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.