TechSpot

Disney Research's Touché takes touch interfaces to the next level

By Jos
May 7, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. Have you ever wanted to control devices by touching everyday objects and even parts of your body? Sure you have! And a team at Disney Research and Carnegie Mellon University...

Read the whole story

2. My BMW already does this.

3. Future generations won't even know how to open a door.

4. Cota

Cota TS Enthusiast Posts: 513   +8

Oh hamburgers! Wii2 here it comes.....

This is relativity easy anyone who uses an oscilloscope can watch this behavior, maybe its one of those thing that are really exiting but have no point at all in the real market.

5. psycros

psycros TS Evangelist Posts: 1,319   +709

Ding ding ding, we have a winner. Reasons this kind of tech will never been used in anything but toys and novelty products:

* Makes everything it goes into more costly, much harder to secure and far more prone to failure.
    * Has little practical application in the real world.
    * Any attempt at wide-scale application within an industry will result in competing standards that will kill any hope of acceptance.

That having been said, I fully support this kind of research. The next big thing sometimes comes from the thing that really never had a chance.

6. hellokitty[hk]

hellokitty[hk] Hello, nice to meet you! Posts: 3,435   +145

I liked the demonstration video.

7. Very cute, but ultimately I believe that control via thought is going to be the next great leap forward - we are already approaching that eventuality.

8. ET3D

ET3D TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,178   +72

The perfect addition to inflatable dolls.