TechSpot

Display Driver has Stopped Working and Recovered

By Robisawesome
Apr 14, 2009
  1. ...But not all the time. While I was playing Garrys Mod, my computer was working fine, the occaisional black screen and then recovering which it has been doing a lot recently. But last night it went really bad. It started showing strange colours in the screen and sometimes it was all over the screen and i had to wait for it to go. And then it suddenly went all blurry. So I quit the game and went onto my desktop. And it still was blurry (It's not my eyes) But it wasn't the usual blur. The computer had taken a small square and swapped it with the one next to it. and in the corner the usual "Display driver has stopped working and recovered.". I recently had to re-instal Windows (Vista) because of a startup failure. so when I had re-insalled it I re-installed all of the drivers. But I've obviously left something out. Because It keeps on doing this

My PC Specs are:
    • Windows Vista Home Premium 32-bit
    • ATI Radeon HD 4670 GFX Card
    • Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q8200 @ 2.33GHz
    ^^ There are more to it, if you need it just tell me

2. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 20,942   +167

Go to AMD/ATI's support website and download and install the latest video driver for your video card. Make sure that you have all the current Vista updates from Microsoft, including Service Pack 1

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.