TechSpot

Display driver Nvidia Windows Kernal Mode Driver Version 306.23 stopped responding

By brandon erzen
Jan 24, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. Hi could anyone pease help me, I have been at this for 3 days. my computer keeps getting the mesage (Display driver Nvidia Windows Kernal Mode Driver Version 306.23stopped responding and has successfully recovered). it started when I was playing anarchy online, my screen flickered and I got the bsod. after that even when I would play a movie or surf the web I would get the same thing again. I reverted back to my old driver and I could watch movies but not play games. this all started a day after I updated my geforce 8400m gs driver. I have tried many older drivers including using driver sweeper first and uninstalling my graphics card aswell. I have tried a registry cleaner, and have tried going back from recovery. now I am still getting the bsod frequently, except in safemode. safemode seems to work fine. I also downloaded speed fan, and the hottest anything is getting is 57 c.

Any ideas? I just have basic computer skills but I will try anything to fix this.

2. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 20,987   +168

It is possible that the geforce 8400m gs card is failing and needs to be replaced

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.