TechSpot

Display driver stop working. ialmrnt5 error

By ardasever
Apr 19, 2009
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lately i got this error to my pc. When i opening explorer and drag it that error came and make the pc cant work for 1 minute, after that the screen become pixelate and blur. I check the setting, the display color down to 4 bit from 32 bit.Before this i usually can play Counter Strike game and all is ok.

I has try to uninstall the driver, cleaning registry, and download the new one from Intel site. But that error always came.Please...somebody help me to solve this.For referention, this is my computer specs :

CPU Type : Intel Pentium 4 541, 3200 MHz (16 x 200)
    Motherboard Chipset : Intel Springdale-G i865G
    System Memory : 503 MB (PC3200 DDR SDRAM)
    BIOS Type : AMI (03/03/07)
    Video Adapter : Intel(R) 82865G Graphics Controller (96 MB)
    3D Accelerator : Intel Extreme Graphics 2
    Installed Drivers : ialmrnt5 (6.14.10.4396)
  2. kimsland

kimsland Ex-TechSpotter Posts: 18,353

Re-confirm that you do have the latest drivers by clicking on the pic below:
    Once confirmed, and still the error exists try running Memtest on your Ram
  3. ardasever

ardasever TS Rookie Topic Starter

Dear Mr. Kimsland

I have been download from intel 5 hour ago. That ialmrnt driver on my specs is the new one
    But it still error. Now im try the mem test that u suggest. How to work with it?
  4. kimsland

You may need to go to Memtest home site if the tutorial here doesn't help you: http://www.techspot.com/vb/post653029-21.html
    I did make it very easy to follow

Download
    Burn the extracted ISO file to CD (ie File -> Open -> ISO file)
    Then leave the new boot disk in your drive and start your computer up booting from it
    Run the 7 pass tests
    Replace the ram if found faulty

By the way, if the Ram comes up without a fault, I'd then suggest having a look at: UPDATED 8-step Viruses/Spyware/Malware Preliminary Removal Instructions

Good luck :grinthumb
  5. ardasever

Dear Mr. Kimsland

I has try to burn the file. When in boot there s nothing happen. When i try to open it with Power Iso. The message says FILE EXTENSIONS NOT SUPPORTED. I think that IMG file not work. Lately the error became hard. Even im typing in Office Word. The display error came. Even came blue screen, it says THE DRIVER STOP WORKING IN UNINFINITED LOOP. PLease sir, i dont know what to do

I think the VGA driver is the main problem. Not virus or malware
  6. kimsland

Maybe I should quote that help post for you ;)
    Yes it could be the Video card, you are probably right
    But running Memtest would be the cheapest first step

Lets wait a bit before the friendship requests ;)
    It's easy to make friends, lots more pain in losing them
  7. ardasever

Still Error

Hi There..

Finally the memtest is working. It through 8 Step. The result is NO ERROR..
    So what should i do ??

When i remove the display driver. The error not came. Just some yellow dot on explorer.
  8. kimsland

I think you mean 7 (or 8) pass, as there is no step in memtest
    Is this right? Because by coming back 3 days later and saying "It through 8 Step" is a tad confusing.

It's looking more and more like Video card fault, I don't suppose you have another to try?
  9. ardasever

Omg....I mean the MEMTEST do a 8 step test..and fond no error on my memory
  10. kimsland

I'm not aware of any 8 steps in Memtest, are you sure you ran it correctly?
  11. ardasever

New Laptop

Dear Mr. Kimsland

I buy new laptop. The store has installed the OS with XP pro. Actually it must installed with Vista. Im not satisfied, so i reinstall with Xp SP2. After that im still not satisfied, i downloaded XP SP3 Vienna Edition from some site. I burn it. It say This is new fresh of windows, must reboot to install. After reboot nothing happen, i try it for 10 times. Even i re burn it to 5 cd with different speed. Still cant installed.

My question is : What happen to this laptop? Why cant reboot from CD? Why my old Xp succes to reboot? must use Xp special to laptop?

This is the laptop Specs :

ACER ASPIRE 4370ZG
    Pentium Dual Core T-2400 2 Ghz
    RAM 1 Gb
    VGA Ati Radeon HD 3470 256 Mb
    HDD Hitachi 160 Gb
    DVD RW Optiarc

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.