Display drivers failing?

xtort81

My screen keeps going black and I'm getting an error. Something like "Display Driver Nvidia Windows Kernel Mode Driver...". I've installed the newest drivers but nothing. When I reboot I can't see anything until the windows login screen. My computer did shut off a few days ago due to a power outage. I haven't opened it up yet...sometimes unplugging the card and plugging it back in fixes issues. I also suppose I could try reinstalling windows but I would prefer not to do that. Anyone else ever run into this issue? Anyone have any fixes? Not sure if you need this but I have a gtx 460, i7 processor, 8gb ram, windows 7 64 bit. Thanks for any help you can provide.

Have you got onboard graphics on your motherboard, if so try using that and removing the card, if it works then your card is probably faulty. You could also try running the card in another PC.

Another thing you can try. First download the latest card driver for your version of windows and save it to your desktop, then follow this guide to make sure all old graphics drivers have been removed, then install the fresh one.

http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/remove-old-drivers-after-upgrading-to-new-hardware/

Back