TechSpot

DisplayPort v1.2 supports four 1920x1200 displays, coming to a PC near you

By Matthew
Jan 18, 2010
  1. VESA unveiled DisplayPort v1.2 today, bringing many enhancements to the previous iteration. DisplayPort v1.2 offers double the data rate of DisplayPort v1.1a, moving from transfer rates of 10.8Gb/s to 21.6Gb/s (5.4Gb/s per lane), which allows for full HD 3D, higher resolutions, color depths, refresh rates, and multiple display capabilities.

Read the whole story

2. compdata

compdata TechSpot Paladin Posts: 604

To bad i didn't get a laptop with this :) I would have loved to have two external monitors in addition to the laptop screen. As is it can only support 2 monitors total.

3. In order to run v1.2 at full res will require a very good graphics card. Some laptops may already do it, but not the mainstream consumer models. Just thinking about 3D gaming at those resolutions is ... is... Gimme!

4. topcoach

topcoach TS Rookie Posts: 43

Would a DisplayPort hub be required to drive multiple DisplayPort monitors using only 1 cable from the computer? I have 2 Dell U2410 monitors that already have DisplayPort inputs.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.