Distorted sound, clicks and pops possible DirectX?

By bishbo2000
Oct 24, 2010
Post New Reply
  1. I recently installed Blaze Media Pro. A short while later Blaze would not burn MP3's, i contacted them and they said there was a problem with my DirectX.

Today i am getting distorted sound, clicks and pops. I assumed it was the DirectX and I have updated DirectX from the microsoft website, no luck.

I also did a repair on the drivers for my Firewire 410 soundcard. And followed the Microsoft troubleshooter. No luck.

I dont know where to look next. Video works fine, internet and everything works ok. I have uninstalled Blaze Media Pro. And run a registry scan to clean registry.

Any suggestions?

Sorry forgot to mention i am using XP, Asus A8n-e motherboard, Dual core, 3GB Ram
  2. EDO219

EDO219 TS Rookie Posts: 212

Have you tried completely uninstalling your audio drivers, then installing them once more via the drivers on the manufacturer's website?
  3. bishbo2000

bishbo2000 TS Rookie Topic Starter

Thanks for the reply. I have reinstalled the drivers as suggested and it seems to be working now. Excellent!
  4. EDO219

EDO219 TS Rookie Posts: 212

You're welcome and enjoy!