Divx lite not adware free

You claim that dvix lite is not supported with adware. Try installing it and when your asked to install the supporting adware tell me how I can trust that little note on all your downloads that says, tested adware and spyware free.

like any site, there are software that slip through the cracks. Always check it out first.
TS is a reputable site and has been around for quite some time. Sometimes initial editions of software are ad-free but later versions are not.

Like tedster mentioned, some programs are freeware until they are popular enough to carry some kind of additional promotional item within itself to make some money.

We have now labeled Divx Lite as adware.

"Daemon Tools" free edition comes with adware also, but it does allow an "uncheck" opt out.

I personally haven't dealt with either of these programs, but is it possible there could be an opt out with the DIVX as well?

If you "want" junk, extras, and advertising, consider Adobe reader 9, and leave everything checked!

While we're on the subject, "SIW" (System Information for Windows) is still described as an executable file, that runs without installation. This was absolutely true of the older versions. However, the same double click on the newest version, summons an installation wizard.

Back