DivX uninstallation and side-by-side configuration errors

N1nJa

Hi,
Pretty much the problems I'm experiancing are all video streaming related. I cannot stream most videos off the internet, i always just get a blank loading screen saying "waiting for video" and sometimes the websites suggest I download Divx plus Web player.

I have downloaded DivX web player, and have the latest updates, but everytime I try to run the actual DivX Plus player from my start menu, I get an error message saying "The application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect"

So naturally I tried to uninstal DivX from my computer so I could reinstal it to have it work, but when I go into my control panel and use the add/remove programs, when I click uninstall nothing comes up. I click it, the windows permission thing comes up and I click Yes, then nothing else comes up, no interface that will allow me to uninstall it.

So I guess what im asking is either a) how can I delete it without using add/remove utility, or how to fix that and/or b) How do i uninstal DivX and reinstal it to have it work

You might try an actual player such as this free one called RealPlayer here as I only get my "codecs" from DivX and do not use or have not used their "Player" I cannot offer any reason why what your trying is not working. Hope this helps

Back