TechSpot

DLink DI-514 limited or no connectivity with speedstream 4100 modem

By DI_diamond
Jan 17, 2007
  1. hello gigs,
    I have yahoo DSL service they gave me speedstream 4100 modem and Hooked it to wireless WAN port (D-Link router with 4 ports) and from one of the port it is going to packet8 (VOIP) router. and I wan unable to surf at all, but I was able to make phone calls.
    I read at one of the forums "http://www.wirelessforums.org/ " and change the Ethernet cable from WAN to one of the port, I saw only limited connectivity.

In system event log I see this message.
    "The IP address lease 192.168.88.100 for the Network Card with network address 00E07D001893 has been denied by the DHCP server 192.168.0.1 (The DHCP Server sent a DHCPNACK message). "

I have solid internet lights.

I like to know if anyone in this forum has successfully setup.
    desktop
    I badly need help...

2. DI_diamond

DI_diamond TS Rookie Topic Starter

I was able to fix the problem.
    The problem was with router and modem have same DHCP IP.

1. I connected my D-Link DI514 router LAN port to PC VIA cable(wired). Modify the LAN port from 192.168.0.1 --> 192.169.0.1 saved the new settings.
    2. Connect the cable from Ethernet port of modem to WAN port on DI-514 router.
    2. Then set PPPOE setting username/password.

And you ready to surf.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.