TechSpot

Do I need a new processor to improve my graphics or do I just need a new graphics card?

By DiirtyxWeezy
Dec 2, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. Manufacturer: Dell
    Model: Inspiron 1545
    Processor: Pentium(R) Dual-Core CPU T4400 @ 2.20GHz 2.20 GHz
    Installed Memory (RAM): 3.00 GB
    System Type: 64-bit Operating System

I checked the ratings of my components and they came out like this (scale of 1.0 to 7.9):
    Processor: 5.5
    Memory (RAM): 5.5
    Graphics: 3.9
    Gaming Graphics: 3.4
    Primary hard disk: 5.8

What do I need to do to improve the graphics of my laptop? Do I need to get a new laptop?

*Additional information: I live stream on twitch.tv and I want a good set up for gaming preferably on the computer I currently have. Some of the games I try to play have a lot of lag during the streams and I tried everything to reduce it, but I think it is just my graphics card isn't strong enough. If you want to check out my stream here is the link: www.twitch.tv/diirtyxweezy

2. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 20,934   +167

This laptop is not a great gaming laptop. There's nothing you can upgrade on it. If you are serious about gaming, use a up-gradable desktop PC or be prepared to spend a great deal more money on a gaming laptop

misor and DiirtyxWeezy like this.
  3. DiirtyxWeezy

DiirtyxWeezy TS Rookie Topic Starter

Okay thank you. Knowing that really helps!

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.