Docking station issues - I get microsoft recovered from serious error

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whenever I undock my laptop from the docking station and then open it up my laptop reboots itself and it gives me the Microsoft has recovered from a serious error.

BCCode: 100000d1 BCP1: 00000001 BCP2: 00000002 BCP3: 00000008 BCP4: 00000001 OSVer: 5_1_2600 SP: 3_0 Product 256_1

I have attached a couple of the minidump files.

It seems like some kind of hardware malfunction, but I'm not an expert in this area by any means. Any help is appreciated on what a potential solution could be.

Thanks!

Attachments

• Mini021010-01.dmp
    88 KB · Views: 2
  • Mini020810-01.dmp
    88 KB · Views: 3
One error is 0xD1 and these are usually caused by faulty drivers or can be due to faulty or is matched memory.

The driver cited is oz776.sys belonging to the O2Micro USB CCID SmartCard Reader which belongs to the software guardian or O2Micro USB Smart Card Reader by O2Micro.

The second error is 0xA and these can be caused hardware or faulty drivers.

Now it does cite the driver oz776.sys as not being able to load but what it cites as the cause of your issues is corrupted memory.

First update your drivers and see if that stabilizes the situation. If no we'll then look at the correupted memory read.

Thanks Route44.

Any suggestions on which drivers to update first? BIOS, Video, Audio, Chipset, etc.?

Dell Latitude D630

It is a good idea to keep your system up-to-date but I would start with anything dealing with your Smart Card Reader. A great unwritten rule about drivers is if it ain't broke don't fix it.

Let us know how it goes.

Not so good. Blue screen of death after installing driver. I uploaded dmp file.

Driver installed from Dell's support website.

O2Micro OZ77Cxx USB SmartCard Controller
Release Date: 6/23/2008
Version: 1.1.4.202, A04

Error:
BCCode: 44 BCP1: 8809D720 BCP3: 00001BC0 BCP3: 00000000 BCP4: 00000000
OSVer: 5_1_2600 SP: 3_0 Product: 256_1

Attachments

• Mini021210-01.dmp
    88 KB · Views: 2
Your error is 0x00000044: MULTIPLE_IRP_COMPLETE_REQUESTS
In practice, it is usually a hardware driver issue.

As before the same oz776.sys driver was cited as the cause. There is a strong possibility the card itself is bad and if that is so no amount of updated drivers will fix the problem.

Also, since one error did cite memory corruption it would be a good idea to the free and completely safe Memtest on your RAM.

See the link below and follow the instructions. There is a newer version than what is listed but either one should work. If you need to see what the Memtest screen looks like go to reply #21. The third screen is the Memtest screen.

Let it run for a LONG time. The rule is a minimum of 7 Passes; the more Passes after 7 so much the better. There are 8 individual tests per Pass. Many people will start this test before going to bed and check it the next day.

If you have errors you have corrupted memory and it needs to be replaced.

Also, with errors you need to run this test per stick of RAM. Take out one and run the test. Then take that one out and put the other in and run the test. If you start getting errors before 7 Passes you know that stick is corrupted and you don’t need to run the test any further on that stick.

Link: https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic62524.html

* Get back to us with the results.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back