TechSpot

Docs.com brings Office document sharing to Facebook

By Jos
Apr 22, 2010
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Facebook and Microsoft have teamed up on a new online document-sharing service that will seamlessly integrate with the popular social networking site. Dubbed Docs.com, the beta site allows users to log in with their Facebook credentials, create Office documents -- Word, Excel and Powerpoint files -- and add friends as either viewers or document editors. New documents will show up in a user's news feed, just like status updates or pictures.

Read the whole story
  2. treeski

treeski TS Guru Posts: 875   +130

I could see this being pretty useful and convenient, using my facebook account.
  3. vangrat

vangrat TS Rookie Posts: 223

Hmm this seems like one of those ideas that at first you go O.o why...but later becomes something so big that the internet just wouldn't be the same without it and people look around going...what did we do before docs.com anyways...just my impression though.
  4. Archean

Archean TechSpot Paladin Posts: 6,048   +75

I distinctly remember that MS made some investment in facebook few years ago, time to get something out of it I believe ;).
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.