Documents and folder management

treeski

This probably isn't possible, but I thought I'd ask anyway, just in case it is...

I'm the kind of person that is forever organizing my folders and making things as easy to work with as possible. I'm also a gamer, and I've noticed that many games create folders in "My Documents" where they store their save files. Is it possible to change the location where games store those files?

Is it the games' programming that directs where the save files go, or does Windows have some way of managing that (thus making it possible to change maybe)?

Thanks

I realize the title is a bit vague, but it won't let me change it now. Sorry!

Its a good point, I can't stand my games saving outside of my username > saved games folder on my PC. Its actually really annoying as none of my games even save to there, its always inside the My Documents folder, which is the last place I'd save games as its for documents like letters etc.

One thing I haven't tried (I keep forgetting) is to direct the games save folder to there from inside the game itself. I'd imagine most games would let you specify a location, and might even re-direct there on future occasions.

Maybe thats worth a shot?

Back