Does a WinXP driver exist for the Acer T230H?

Bought the monitor and the guy said it would work with XP. Then i look on Acer site and it says that touchscreen-specific functions are Windows 7. Is there a way to buy a 3rd party driver? Tweak something?

You can have a look at this :

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Fo...h/thread/9f2b2508-a80a-4b5d-828d-96cfad883404

Hi,
For some days now I'm also using Acer T230H on Win XP SP3 and didn't get the touch to work at first. But with usb view utility I checked the VID=0x0408 and PID=0x3000. Looking up these ID's tells me it's a TACTION Touch screen by Quanta Computer. It appears the HP L2105tm monitor has the same touchscreen and HP does provide support for this model for Win XP and even for Win 2k.

So lucky for all Acer T230H owners on 2k/XP: the touch driver is compatible and can be downloaded from http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsuppor...sId=4031739&swLang=13&taskId=135&swEnvOID=228

Tested and working over here :) Good luck! (Don't know if multi-touch is working too, because single-touch is enough for me.)

Regards,

Erlan

Perfect!

The HP driver is working perfectly! The touch functions actually feel much more accurate and are more user-friendly then with the native Win7... using the monitor with my Win7 laptop feels clunky.

Leeky and Ravi - Thank you very much!

Just a note. Multi-touch does not work with the HP driver. I dont need it for my purposes but important to note none-the-less.

Perfect!

The HP driver is working perfectly! The touch functions actually feel much more accurate and are more user-friendly then with the native Win7... using the monitor with my Win7 laptop feels clunky.

Leeky and Ravi - Thank you very much!

I couldn't get it to work. I tried the HP Driver from the location above, but to no avail. I installed version 1.4. I even tried the dell driver and the Planar driver (version 1.5beta of the TACTIC Driver), as they all use the TACTIC touch driver and still didnt work.

Was there a specific method you used to get it to work or did you just install it?

Back