TechSpot

Does a WinXP driver exist for the Acer T230H?

By bflaim
Aug 28, 2010
Post New Reply
  1. Bought the monitor and the guy said it would work with XP. Then i look on Acer site and it says that touchscreen-specific functions are Windows 7. Is there a way to buy a 3rd party driver? Tweak something?

2. Leeky

Leeky TS Evangelist Posts: 4,378   +99

3. ravisunny2

ravisunny2 TS Ambassador Posts: 2,057   +8

You can have a look at this :

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Fo...h/thread/9f2b2508-a80a-4b5d-828d-96cfad883404

4. bflaim

bflaim TS Rookie Topic Starter

Perfect!

The HP driver is working perfectly! The touch functions actually feel much more accurate and are more user-friendly then with the native Win7... using the monitor with my Win7 laptop feels clunky.

Leeky and Ravi - Thank you very much!

5. bflaim

bflaim TS Rookie Topic Starter

Just a note. Multi-touch does not work with the HP driver. I dont need it for my purposes but important to note none-the-less.

6. ravisunny2

ravisunny2 TS Ambassador Posts: 2,057   +8

Glad it worked for you.:)

7. RobForresterTEC

RobForresterTEC TS Rookie

I couldn't get it to work. I tried the HP Driver from the location above, but to no avail. I installed version 1.4. I even tried the dell driver and the Planar driver (version 1.5beta of the TACTIC Driver), as they all use the TACTIC touch driver and still didnt work.

Was there a specific method you used to get it to work or did you just install it?

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.