TechSpot

Does anyone know a good video capture program?

By link590o
Oct 28, 2007
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I want to capture at least 10-15 minutes of video from call of duty 2. but none of the software i've seen is free, or can take that much video without cutting it into a million little segments.

for example, FRAPS, or something like that is a no-go. i need something better. does ANYONE have any suggestions? nothing i saw in the downloads section was any better than fraps.
  2. AlbertLionheart

AlbertLionheart TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,712

you could try snag-it = there used to be a free or trial version out there.
  3. link590o

link590o Topic Starter

no success...it lags my computer too much when its capturing, and i can't make it capture the audio at the same time either.
  4. AlbertLionheart

AlbertLionheart TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,712

I guess you are going to have that problem with any capture software so beware spending any cash on it.
  5. Nodsu

Nodsu TS Rookie Posts: 9,431

If you don't want to burden the computer, play the game on TV-out and use another computer to capture/compress the signal. All TV tuner and video capture cards come with software that let you record indefinitely.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.