TechSpot

Does anyone know anything about themes?

By Wolfleader
Sep 5, 2007
  1. I just downloaded a themes package for my computer, after making sure that it was virus free i then tried to install the files, everything extracted well but then when i tried to pick the theme as my current one it gave me a error message, something about a missing file, did i install it incorrectly or something?

2. AlbertLionheart

AlbertLionheart TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,026

It does not really matter if we know about themes - it sounds as if the download was corrupted. Either that or the download you have is not for your version of Windows.

3. Didou

Didou Bowtie extraordinair! Posts: 4,274

If you're using Windows XP you cannot use unsigned themes (90% of the themes available on the Internet) without patching the uxtheme.dll file. Once you've done that, you can use themes or ms-styles as they're more commonly called.

I have no idea how it works with Vista.

4. Bobbye

Bobbye Helper on the Fringe Posts: 16,335   +36

If you want help with an error problem, this won't cut it- " error message, something about a missing file, did i install it incorrectly or something?"

What is 'something'- twice?

5. Wolfleader

Wolfleader TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 50

Dosen't Matter now

I got the error figured out and it's all taken care of, i was just insalling it to the wrong folder

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.