TechSpot

Does anyone know how to..

By Ishrams
Aug 2, 2009
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ok heres what i got. I have a xp iso but i do not know how to put it on a flash drive and make it bootable. Any help. Also any info you need i will post if needed.
    -Ishrams
  2. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 20,827   +163

Burn the ISO file to a bootable CD... How big is this flash drive of yours?
  3. D3CRYPTM4ST3R

D3CRYPTM4ST3R TS Rookie Posts: 62

I guess u should burn it on CD/DVD , then just copy all the files in the CD/DVD and paste them in your formatted USB-flashdisk (format the USB-Flashdisk before pasting the files to avoid any kind of technical Problems during the Installation) . Please make sure to copy all the files from the CD/DVD including the hidden ones (if available). then shutdown your computer , power it on and enter the Boot settings (press F2 or F5 or F12 i am not sure it depends on the Motherboard you have) while having your USB-flashdisk plugged in. After that set your Flashdisk as the Primary-Boot device and thats it ! the installation should start. If u dont wanna lose a DVD/CD (lol) and have DAEMON TOOLS or POWERISO Software then , you should be able to directly extract the iso Image to your Flashdisk without the need to burn it onto a CD/DVD. ! . GOOD LUCK
  4. Ishrams

Ishrams TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 44

I have a 1gig flash drive but i already tried those suggestions but it jus didn't boot. It took like 2-3 hours to copy everything to the drive. Do i have to format the flash drive in a special way?
  5. hellokitty[hk]

hellokitty[hk] Hello, nice to meet you! Posts: 4,367   +125

How did you format it?

Some flash drives simply don't boot.
  6. Ishrams

I formatted it "fat"
  7. Ishrams

I formatted it "fat". I hope this flash drive works.
  8. hellokitty[hk]

hellokitty[hk] Hello, nice to meet you! Posts: 4,367   +125

With what? Windows? I don't think that will work o.o. At least fat32 anyway.
  9. Ishrams

Yes i used windows. How can i format it "fat32"
  10. gguerra

gguerra TS Enthusiast Posts: 559

google this
    HP USB Disk Storage Format Tool
  11. Ishrams

Ok I'll give that a try.

12. jobeard

jobeard TS Ambassador Posts: 13,407   +314

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.