TechSpot

Does damn small linux save?

By jokenkil
Aug 28, 2009
  1. i put damn small Linux on my flash drive so i can use it on my computer without putting it on my computer (im not the only one that uses my computer) and i was wondering if i download something or if i get Firefox add-ons will they save? mine runs really slow and i was wondering is there a way i can make it faster???

2. strategic

strategic TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,274

When booting from a Frugal Install, your application settings, bookmarks, etc can be saved to a hard drive partition, usb key, floppy, etc, in a file called backup.tar.gz. To create this file, right click on the desktop. System->Backup/Restore. Type in the name of the device to save to and hit backup. Then, when you reboot, your settings can be restored using the cheatcode
    'dsl restore={hda1/sda1/fd0/floppy}'.

To change which files are saved, edit /opt/.filetool.lst (list of files to backup) and /opt/.xfiletool.lst (list of files to exclude from the backup process). Adding files to .filetool.lst can be easily done by choosing the file/dir in emelfm and clicking the 'Add2Filetool" button.

3. jokenkil

jokenkil TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 42

ok i dont need this anymore cuz im trying to use mojopac and i know how to use it i just cant install

4. Bobbye

Bobbye Helper on the Fringe Posts: 16,392   +36

Stay home and sit on your hands little boy!

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.