Does this rig I want to build have everything I need?

Status
Not open for further replies.

leadpill

This thread has all of the links to the hardware-

To start off, I know my fair share of software and putting a computer together, but choosing compatible hardware is something that I know nothing of.
I was glancing over jsv35's budget picks today( http://www.eggxpert.com/forums/thread/172986.aspx ), I bookmarked it a few months ago while trying to find out about building computers, and I have decided that I would like the one that costs 700$ to build. It has all of these things listed for the 700$ Intel build.

SAMSUNG 22X DVD Burner Black SATA Model

COOLER MASTER Centurion 5 Black Aluminum Bezel, SECC Chassis ATX Mid Tower Computer Case

Western Digital Caviar SE16 WD3200AAKS 320GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive

CORSAIR CMPSU-550VX 550W ATX12V V2.2 Power Supply

GIGABYTE GA-EP45-DS3L LGA 775 Intel P45 ATX Intel Motherboard - I heard that gigabyte is not a good company to get this mobo from, due to their customer support, so could somebody please link me to a mobo that is the same as this, but a better company?

Intel Core 2 Duo E7200 Wolfdale 2.53GHz LGA 775 65W Dual-Core Processor

Patriot 4GB (2 x 2GB) DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - If possible, could somebody please find me a 2x1gb stick, or 1x2 gb stick, whichever is cheaper, but I'd prefer a link to both.

XFX GeForce 9800 GTX(G92) 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 SLI Supported Video Card

I already have a monitor, speakers, keyboard, and a mouse. Is this all the stuff I need to build a computer, or is there something I'm missing, If there is something that I am missing, please tell me because I am getting ready to purchase this stuff.

As far as the mobo I looked it up on newegg. That thing supports ddr2 and ddr3. I would think that is odd. Maybe unstable too

I see these mobos are X fire enabled. Before I pick another mobo will you ever use two cards for X fire. Important because you're buying nvidia based card.

As far as the mobo I looked it up on newegg. That thing supports ddr2 and ddr3. I would think that is odd. Maybe unstable too

I see these mobos are X fire enabled. Before I pick another mobo will you ever use two cards for X fire. Important because you're buying nvidia based card.

No, I will only use 1 card. By the way, could you also tell me what cross fire is? I think I read somewhere that it is just having two video cards, linked by this one flat cable like thing.

IDE for DVD.......

I'm not a big fan of Toshiba/Samsung for DVD drives. I've had 3, 2 failed outright, and the other 1 (an external USB) really doesn't impress me.

I still prefer IDE drives, since most boards have 1 IDE buss, why waste it. This leaves all of the SATA ports for use with the HDDs.

Myself, and many other people on this site swear by Pioneer DVD drives. I have 5 and I'm very satisfied with them.

Here's Pioneer's latest DVD drive incarnation; http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16827129023 Hey, free shipping too no less. Getting harder to find at today's fuel prices.

According to my friend, when he was picking out RAM at Tiger Direct store, they said that that one is poor for gaming. I think I would rather purchase this RAM
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231098

MM, Tigerdirects reviews are seriously lacking, that's why i dont shop there anymore. If you want some good reviews or input i should say before purchase newegg is a good place. The ram i picked would do you well but I didnt know what your budget was so I got you something similar in the same price range.

MM, Tigerdirects reviews are seriously lacking, that's why i dont shop there anymore. If you want some good reviews or input i should say before purchase newegg is a good place. The ram i picked would do you well but I didnt know what your budget was so I got you something similar in the same price range.

I got 700$ budget, and also 100$ for OS, but by switching from 4gb ram to 2, that saved about 30$ that I can use on something else, I'd buy any kind of RAM as long as the reviews are good, and it is good for gaming. Also, the G Skill RAM is customer choice award, which aparently proves that it is good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back