Dont play games, play BsOD (LOL)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaboy

Dont play games, play BsOD (NEED HELP)

hey when I try playing Maplestory (a fun game) I get an BSOD

I think I got the right dump files (I tried more than ones)

can some one help an noob like me ? :eek:

p.s. it is my first time on this side, it looks cool :approve:

Attachments

• mini.zip
    88.3 KB · Views: 4
STOP 0x0000008E errors are usually caused by memory hardware failures and more rarely by device driver issues, viruses, or hardware failures other than your RAM.

To start with I'll advise you to run memtest, and thoroughly test your RAM module(s) one by one (in case you have multiple sticks installed); and at least run 10-12 passes to ensure it catch any errors.

Also, do you have installed any new hardware or driver in recent times?

i have run the memtest 10 times now it says 0 error (by the way: it is a new com)

no I have not installed new hardware but I have installed windows 7 (vista -> windows 7) and it was after that it happens.

when you say
STOP 0x0000008E errors are usually caused by memory hardware failures and more rarely by device driver issues, viruses, or hardware failures other than your RAM.

cant you like tell me what it is ?

P.S. after i install windows 7 I the com says that the RAM went form 4gb (3.99 can be used) to 4gb (2.99 can be used)

and when i open maple i also get this error (form the system log):

Event filter with query "SELECT * FROM __InstanceModificationEvent WITHIN 60 WHERE TargetInstance ISA "Win32_Processor" AND TargetInstance.LoadPercentage > 99" could not be reactivated in namespace "//./root/CIMV2" because of error 0x80041003. Events cannot be delivered through this filter until the problem is corrected.

After you installed Windows 7, did you install the motherboard chipset, LAN, sound and graphics drivers?

i updated my graphics drivers. internet (wireless and a modem? LOL) and sounds
not the chipset but i will do that now
(it is all drivers not some new hardware)

This error message refers to Event ID 10 — Event Filter Query Functionality.

"This problem occurs if the WMI filter is accessed without sufficient permission."

Go to Start, Programs, Accessories, and right click on Command Prompt to open it with Administrative privileges; then type:

winmgmt /salvagerepository

and press enter.

i updated my graphics, internet, sounds and Chipset drivers (I am not sure the Chipset got updated it was a wired update proces)

but I still got the error
something else I can do ?

update whit dumps

I updated my graphics, internet, sounds and Chipset drivers (I am not sure the Chipset got updated it was a wired update proces)

and did the WMI fix (but still get the error)

but I still got the error
something else I can do ?

I put some new minidumps in case it is a new error
shall I put the MEMORY.DMP whit ?

Attachments

• dumps.zip
    46.3 KB · Views: 2
Exactly the same error codes and all.

As I earlier said that this is a problem with WMI. Your WBEM repository is probably damaged.

As the above procedure is not working, the other option I can suggest is bit radical and risky. Please remember that if you choose to try it, you do so at your own risk. Please backup any files you feel are necessary.

1. Go to your OS partition/drive (usually C:\); then go to the Windows folder.

2. Go to System32 within the Windows folder and then navigate to the WBEM folder.

3. Now open up your system manager by right clicking on your My Computer shortcut in the Start Menu/or on Desktop and select Manage (You will need to have Administrative Pirivleges).

4. Go to the Services tab and find Windows Management Instrumentation. Stop the service. Your system will complain that other services depend on it. Say okay when it asks and wait until the services are stopped.

5. Make sure that Windows Management Instrumentation is stopped.

6. Go back to the WBEM folder and find the Repository folder. Backup/Copy the folder to some other location on the computer/or USB (esure that is has enough storage). You will see UAC prompts if you have UAC enabled, click on OK to complete the operation.

7. Delete the Repository folder (which is located in the WBEM folder).

8. Close all programs & open windows, then Shutdown your computer.

9. Turn on your computer and log on. Do not open any programs and let the system sit idle for 15-20 minutes, because your system is recreating the Repository folder.

10. Once all HDD activity stops, Shutdown your computer, then Turn it back on.

Check your Event Viewer after this, if you find any errors or otherwise, please let me know. Regards

i cant delete the files it just say that trustedinstaller is blocking me
what is trustedinstaller ?!

Forget it, I got it deleted (before I tried to delete the wrong folder ups)

And it seems, that it fixed the WMI error, but it did bug my anti-virus (Avira)
(i got it fixed)
but I still get the BCOD when I try open maple. (i can play other game but not this one)

And a thing I noted:
Before i updated my system (to Windows 7) I play maple there and it went fine (it did say it got some compatibility problems but I just clicked run program and it run) so I made it remember my user name.

now when I opened maple (after the update) (i was so lucky to be able to see the menu for 2 sec)

and I can see that it still remember my user name (it also remember it after I reinstall the game)

maybe it is that (i dont think so but?) how can i delete that ?!

and form the other post
what is trustedinstaller ?!

Well sorry for no response; I managed to screw up my desktop ;)

However, after fighting with it for the whole day/night; ...... and it wasn't because of OS/hardware ...... I made a stupid mistake; with which I'll have to live for now :D

I will analyze your minidumps asap; and will let you know about them. However, I remember reading somewhere; that maple story has some issues with win 7

Well sorry for no response; I managed to screw up my desktop ;)

You are forgiven :grinthumb

However, after fighting with it for the whole day/night; ...... and it wasn't because of OS/hardware ...... I made a stupid mistake; with which I'll have to live for now :D
:confused: what ?!
and what is the mistake ?!?!

I will analyze your minidumps asap

Hmm okay ?! do that

and will let you know about them.

Yes, pleas do.

However, I remember reading somewhere; that maple story has some issues with win 7

I read that too. And I read that some just update the driver(s) and then it works, or something like that

Well the mistake was ....... when i installed XP in the olden days; i set the SATA HDD settings in BIOS as IDE (it emulates as IDE so XP can see it). However, afterwards, I completely forgot about it, and when moved to 7 the same thing passed on to the new OS. Now, when i tried to fix it (without having to reinstall) I pretty much screwed it up. Anyway, the long and the short of it, I restored it back to pre-destruction situation :D

Now, to your minidumps; both of these leads to 0x1000008e, which is KERNEL_MODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED bug check and is a very common.

Any thing of the following can cause this:

1. Hardware incompatibility (make sure that any new hardware installed is listed in the Microsoft Windows Marketplace Tested Products List).

2. Faulty device driver or system service. A faulty device driver or system service might be responsible for this error.

3. Hardware issues, such as BIOS incompatibilities, memory conflicts, and IRQ conflicts can also generate this error.

Possible solutions include:

1. Ensure that enough hard disk space is available.
2. Update your motherboard's bios.
3. Update your Graphic Drivers / chipset drivers

However, Microsoft also lists that you may have to replace your graphics card if updation of drivers doesn't work.

Check the System Log in Event Viewer for additional error messages that might help identify the device or driver that is causing bug check.

Lastly, I'll advise you to again run memtest; let it run for the whole night (12+ hours).

Hardware incompatibility (make sure that any new hardware installed is listed in the Microsoft Windows Marketplace Tested Products List).

where can I find that ?! (i did not install new hardware)

Faulty device driver or system service. A faulty device driver or system service might be responsible for this error.
how can i find out ?!

IRQ conflicts can also generate this error.
:confused:what is IRQ ?!?!

Ensure that enough hard disk space is available.
is 200GB enough ?! :rolleyes:

Update your motherboard's bios.
I did

Update your Graphic Drivers
I did that too

chipset drivers

well from the other post
i updated my graphics, internet, sounds and Chipset drivers (I am not sure the Chipset got updated it was a wired update proces)

Check the System Log in Event Viewer for additional error messages that might help identify the device or driver that is causing bug check.

well i got some print problems, error like those ?!

Lastly, I'll advise you to again run memtest; let it run for the whole night (12+ hours).

I will, but if you see my system specs, what will you advise to set the memtest to ?!?!

I listed those reasons from MS site :), don't think there is any issue with your OS and your hardware compatibility.

And Yes, I still would like you to really stress that RAM Modules with long runs. Remember, sometimes, memtest is unable to find memory errors easily.

One more thing, have you tried running mapplestory in compatibility mode? You can do so by right clicking on its shortcut, then going to properties/and compatibility, Click on Run this application in compatibility mode for: .... and select windows xp with sp2/or 3 which ever may work for you. Goodluck

Edit:
Don't forget to check Run this Program as administrator before you click the OK button.

While digging around, I found out that you have to follow the above procedure, but configure it for all users (only then it would have a chance of working, for some weird reasons anyway).

So, just look below that Run this Program as administrator option, and you'll find change settings for all users, simply repeat the steps I've described above.

I have been on intel website there is this chipset

chipset
(the one most looking like my chipset)
but I don't know what operating system I shall select

EDIT: fount it
EDIT2: did NOT fount it help m ?!
i just don't know what operating system i shall take

now i can play the game (update from maple i think)

but still can you help me find the chipset i cant select windows7 form there website

Please download PC Wizard, its a nice little utility, which tells you everything you need to know about your computer including make/model of your motherboard/chipset etc.

sry for late reply

i know my motherboard and stuff but it is from Intel website i cant find it to windows 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back