TechSpot

Doom 4 artwork leaked amidst cancellation rumors, Bethesda responds

By Shawn Knight
Feb 29, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. Bethesda Softworks, a subsidiary of ZeniMax Media and publisher to such titles as The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim and various Fallout titles, has once again shot down rumors that Doom…

Read the whole story

2. Wendig0

Wendig0 TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,078   +76

Ah, Bethesda... I'll just leave this here link

3. EXCellR8

EXCellR8 The Conservative Posts: 2,278

mmm 103MB of conceptual goodness

4. UnknownSky

UnknownSky TS Rookie Posts: 41

@Wendig0
    - Good link
    - Mass effect 3 ad, ftw

5. Rage damaged ID's reputation in a BIG way.

6. spydercanopus

spydercanopus TS Guru Posts: 802   +87

Looks low-def. I hope it's got some better offer than Rage. That was a huge disappointment and came at the wrong time. Plus it was 25gb. Fail.

7. I loved Rage. It's a great looking game, with action and atmosphere. Dunno why people complain, really.

8. LNCPapa

LNCPapa TS Special Forces Posts: 4,333   +278

I don't think Rage is as bad as people made it out to be - and it really does look nice when everything is working properly. I agree that these leaked shots look quite low res - I assume they aren't the finished textures. It's also pretty obvious that we'll be getting another dose of megatexturing so I hope ATI gets everything completely smoothed out on that front soon. It's prevented me from playing too much Rage as I'm tired of downgrading my drivers just to get perfectly smooth performance for one game. CAT 11.10 is the only driver to be perfect in RAGE for me so far - but other games got performance boosts with newer drivers. 12.1 still has a tiny bit of microstutter in RAGE for me.

I have high hopes for Doom 4 even though I never finished Doom 3 or Quake 4. Also, I better not see any of that invisible barrier crap I saw in RAGE. A couch sitting in a hallway should not be enough to stop me from traveling in a certain direction.

9. Looks like once again they're making a game with the Doom name which looks nothing like what Doom is supposed to be about.

10. Huh? <i>Bethesda</i> is publishing DooM 4? News to me.

11. It looks like its abandoned its cyber theme. :( hopefully the enemies are back

12. I hope doom4 sees release, only if it has NO monster closets.

13. Jimbeau

Jimbeau TS Rookie Posts: 22

They probably got cold feet. The Doom name was golden.
    They most likely will never be able to release a game with
    that name that will meet everyone's expectations.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.