Dormant video game publisher Sierra releases new teaser video

By Justin Kahn
Aug 11, 2014
Post New Reply
  1. The last few years have come along with a number of video game publishers and studios closing like THQ and the messy situation surrounding 38 Studios. One of those companies that faded away was Sierra Entertainment. The company was responsible...

Read more
  2. wastedkill

wastedkill TS Evangelist Posts: 1,373   +310

Wow what a good trailer I could really see what the game was about... jesus worst trailer ever...

Dormant the only video game publisher to show you something really good about their game to try to get you hooked on the game... its got snow in it...
  3. VitalyT

VitalyT Russ-Puss Posts: 3,114   +1,379

Totally blew me away!
  4. davislane1

davislane1 TS Evangelist Posts: 3,379   +2,167

The whole purpose of a teaser is to create a mystery. This is why it's called a teaser and not a preview. Though, the video in question is more of a whiff of a sample of a teaser. Personally, I would have liked five more seconds.
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2014
    freythman and SantistaUSA like this.
  5. VitalyT

That was one mystifying watering hole, bro!
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2014
  6. It took me 5 years to finish police quest. After giving up I beat it pretty quick.
  7. VitalyT

No rush mate, take your time, another 15 years at this new one, so then you can look back and say - life was good... ;)
  8. Jamesbrah

Jamesbrah TS Enthusiast Posts: 59   +11

It's not a teaser.. it's just a video logo..

Remember when you watch a movie, and there's often a short 5 second shot that looks like maybe an action scene or a camera panning around some sort of object, only to then display the logo of the production company/publisher?

It's that - but for Sierra. It's obvious as the logo is a mountain.. thus this guy going towards the mountain is just an extension of the logo.

I'd have money on the game not having ANYTHING to do with a mountain or even snow.
  9. mailpup

mailpup TS Special Forces Posts: 6,964   +355

I agree, Jamesbrah. That mountain in the snow looks like half-dome in Yosemite in the Sierra Nevada mountains in California. It might not be the actual mountain but it looks similar.
    Jamesbrah likes this.
  10. wastedkill

Dunno about you but making a video like that shows... hmm nothing... except 1. it has snow, 2. it has a logo in it, 3. that "Teaser" if you could call it that shows nothing besides well snow....
  11. I liked Sierra games back when I were a lad. There was that game in the film Big, that they reminded me of.
    But I do believe that they had a mountain logo in SWAT.
    And confirmed by the wiki its just a logo...

On August 7, 2014, the website for Sierra, which previously redirected to Activision's website, was updated, showcasing a new logo, teasing that "More to be revealed at Gamescom 2014."
  12. 9Nails

9Nails TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,212   +174

If you're going to spend some time making a teaser, make it look good! Have a peek at the stuff Blizzard puts out for nice looking teaser trailers.
  13. Puiu

Puiu TS Evangelist Posts: 1,817   +485

So many people complaining that the teaser is short and shows almost nothing. *facepalm
  14. ChuckedNorris

ChuckedNorris TS Rookie

Teaser... Not Trailer
  15. wastedkill

Teaser shows the game will have snow & a mountain but thats it, if you call that a teaser then I must be bill gates.... its like posting a 0.3second clip of a cloud and calling it a teaser... shows nothing what so ever...
  16. robb213

robb213 TS Addict Posts: 309   +92

Maybe with their possible resurgence, we'll get some sequels to games like Evil Genius, a game I always wanted more of.
  17. Dr Dave

Dr Dave TS Rookie

Hope they bring back Leisure Suit Larry! I'll take Space Quest if not..
  18. Puiu

Puiu TS Evangelist Posts: 1,817   +485

I've seen teasers that only show a letter/number or a symbol. how is this any different?
  19. mailpup

mailpup TS Special Forces Posts: 6,964   +355

Years ago Sierra published Homeworld 2 from Relic. This new teaser is reminiscent of the intro to their old Homeworld 2 trailer.

20. Y king quest ?! Quest for glory was much better
  21. wiyosaya

wiyosaya TS Maniac Posts: 939   +244

There are those of us out there who liked King's Quest. I, personally, will look forward to a new release in the series.
  22. rogerwilco

rogerwilco TS Rookie

Wow, seriously?

why would anyone think it's a good idea to change the genre of a classic game like kings quest?

they tried doing that with leisure suit larry with box office bust... and it literally got a 1 star out of 5 everywhere. total failure.

Sierra already tried to do it with kings quest 8 as well. That one was also widely hated by adventure gamers.

Listen, sierra games don't just attract the everyday adventure gamer. Fans of them are the oldschool hardcore adventure gamer purists that can't even stand how the new adventure gamer are too easy and how you can't die or anything in them. There's no way this game is going to do good with our crowd. You couldn't shoot yourself in the foot any worse than this.

Why try to bring back kings quest only to spit in the face of every fan of the game out there?
    this is just awful. please don't even make this game if this is what you're going to do. You obviously have no idea what you're getting into.