Double or single click

Do you have your mouse options set to double (default) or Single Click?

• Total voters

Benny26

This is Learinmypc's poll, Circusboy01's idea

Learninmypc and Circusboy01 wrote:
Do you have your mouse click options set for double click or single click? Just curious.

Do use the left button Or do you use the right button,and the drop down menu

I always have the single click.

Edit: I think i misunderstood the question. I have my mouse set on single click, but to open things on my computer i have the double click action.

I've been used to double click ever since Windows 4.1. I never double click for a single-click action though.

I have a standard type mouse with right and left buttons and a clickable scroll wheel. I have the scroll wheel set to double click with the other two buttons set to single click.

Double. My gf has single click enabled and its always a pita to use her comp, lots of unintended things happen.

I changed my Left button from double to single click. But I mostly use the right button. Because, I like to use the drop down menu. Gives me more choices than just open the site CB

This is learninmypc's poll, but circusboy01's idea

Do you have your mouse click options set for double click or single click? Just curious.

would really like to know.

Do you mind if I ask. Why nobody want to decide left or right in my Poll? 55 of you have been here. It would have only taken a few seconds to make a choice.
The reason I started this Poll is because I have always preferred to right click, and hit open on the drop down menu. We were talking about it,and my friend learningmypc,
told me he has never used the right button. That got me to wondering how many other people use the right button. CB

Do you mind if I ask. Why nobody want to decide left or right in my Poll? 55 of you have been here. It would have only taken a few seconds to make a choice.
The reason I started this Poll is because I have always preferred to right click, and hit open on the drop down menu. We were talking about it,and my friend learningmypc,
told me he has never used the right button. That got me to wondering how many other people use the right button. CB

circusboy01, I'm definetely not an expert at creating a poll, but you must of missed a step cause I don't see this part
74db120f0a8e5646ef5a30154e9f6deb.jpg

in your poll.

I forgot about that step. But, even if I had remembered I don't know how to do anyway.
CB

Try following this;

You were doing it right. You have to think in advance of what your poll is going to be and how many choices you are going to have.

So you check the box and set the number of choices, then hit submit. Then it takes you to a page where you enter the poll question and what each choice is going to be. Then you submit that and you are done.
As given by SNGX1275

i use both. Left click to open as usual but right click when i want one of pull down menu options.

p.s. don't know if you'd need it (i find it handy) you can add a pull down menu option to Open with Notepad. google open with notepad to find instructions to add the option

Try following this;

You were doing it right. You have to think in advance of what your poll is going to be and how many choices you are going to have.

So you check the box and set the number of choices, then hit submit. Then it takes you to a page where you enter the poll question and what each choice is going to be. Then you submit that and you are done.
As given by SNGX1275

I did check the box, and set the number of choices.
It did take me to a page where I could enter my Poll question.
I did enter my Poll question. The choices were in it. I asked if they left clicked,or right clicked and used the drop down menu.
I hit submit, and what you see on my post is what I got.
Obviously. Somehow somewhere I did something something wrong or didn't do something I should have.
I didn't see any mention of a chart with the long lines showing the Poll count

I did check the box, and set the number of choices.
It did take me to a page where I could enter my Poll question.
I did enter my Poll question. The choices were in it. I asked if they left clicked,or right clicked and used the drop down menu.
I hit submit, and what you see on my post is what I got.
Obviously. Somehow somewhere I did something something wrong or didn't do something I should have.
I didn't see any mention of a chart with the long lines showing the Poll count

None of us here are perfect. You might have admin. delete the first try or you might be able to & give it a second shot. Good luck.

Didn't see the poll but generally use the right button unless navigating menus or just highlighting something to give it focus.

I'll fix the poll for you, I'll go with the results from the screenshot above.

Edit - I can't add a poll after the thread has been created, it has to be made when you create the thread. The instructions I gave originally work, I don't know how you did it, but you obviously missed something.

Edit 2 - I merged learninmypc's poll thread with circusboy01's thread and added the 3rd choice. Also I tried to merge learninmypc's first post and circusboy's post in his thread where he attempted to make his own poll. On that merge, I *thought* that it would keep learninmypc's post date, but since it seemed to be circusboy's idea I was going to make him the author (and credit learninmypc as well in the post title), but that didn't work - it took circusboy's post date instead. So learninmypc, you inadvertently lost 1 post to your post count on my mistake, sorry.

Edit - I can't add a poll after the thread has been created, it has to be made when you create the thread. The instructions I gave originally work, I don't know how you did it, but you obviously missed something.

Edit 2 - I merged learninmypc's poll thread with circusboy01's thread and added the 3rd choice. Also I tried to merge learninmypc's first post and circusboy's post in his thread where he attempted to make his own poll. On that merge, I *thought* that it would keep learninmypc's post date, but since it seemed to be circusboy's idea I was going to make him the author (and credit learninmypc as well in the post title), but that didn't work - it took circusboy's post date instead. So learninmypc, you inadvertently lost 1 post to your post count on my mistake, sorry.

No apology necessary. None of us are perfect. I'll hope circusboy01 sees this.Thanks for your effort.

i use both. Left click to open as usual but right click when i want one of pull down menu options.

p.s. don't know if you'd need it (i find it handy) you can add a pull down menu option to Open with Notepad. google open with notepad to find instructions to add the option

Now that's the most logical way to do it.In fact that's how I"ll do it from now on Thanks CB

They took the damn out here in TS..But it was left in in g-mail.Was it meant for learningmypc or me? If it was for me. I don't know what I did to upset you. But I apologize for whatever it might have been CB

Yup it is, and I have been wondering how the hell this actually happened. Anyway, I use Single/Double/Drop Down menus depending upon the situation.

Back