Downgraded from Windows Vista to Windows XP Home Basic now I have missing drivers

So I downgraded from Vista to Xp home basic because I didn't like the way vista worked. Unfortunately something went wrong when I used my Xp boot disc and now I am missing the following devices:
Ethernet Controller
PCI Device
PCI Simple Communications Controller
SM Bus Controller
Video Controller (VGA Compatible)

Please help if you can, I have looked through countless forums and downloaded about 20 files already and I still haven't fixed anything.

First thing that needs to be clarified here, when you say "now I'm missing the following" what type of missing are we talking about here? Are the devices and such present inside your device manager and all that is missing here is their drivers? Or when you open up the device manager, all the above and stated hardware is gone? If this is a driver issue the fix or fixes could be relatively manageable. But if this is a case that nothing is there and indeed these devices aren't showing up with anything inside Windows, but you know they are there and still nothing, that might be a manageable thing to deal with, with the end result being perhaps a wipe of the disk and starting over from scratch. Maybe Windows didn't find these items when it was being installed for whatever reason or reasons. If you decide to install the O.S. again, I would first go into your computers BIOS and just with your own eye's, confirm the presence of these items, for if they are in BIOS and register fine, than they should translate over to Windows being able to find them as well. And while you are inside BIOS, doesn't hurt to make sure that nothing is switched off, just make sure all these items your talking about are activated or just active through BIOS and you should be fine.

The Drivers here should be the ones you need:

http://support.gateway.com/us/en/emac/product/default.aspx?tab=1&modelId=1452

However only vista is supported in the list of operating systems. You could try these drivers or find out your motherboard manufacturer and see if they have alternative XP drivers available.

Im pretty sure its an intel motherboard but double check.

If it is intel, locate the drivers manualy or try this.

http://www.intel.com/p/en_US/support/detect

Hope this helps
thanks for the help but nothing there fixed anything as for the Intel driver utility it doesn't help either it just wants to update the current drivers and tell me that I don't have one but not where to get it

I think I might have stumbled upon something that might help here!

I was able to locate a downloadable E-Machines W3609 driver recovery disk! I researched it a little and don't see any reason why this downloadable recovery disk wouldn't work. So if your interested, why not give this a try!

The E-Machine W3609 Recovery Disk For Windows XP........
http://www.do-download.com/System/Backup-Restore/eMachines-W3609-167966.html

You'll notice a large gambit of drivers that this provides, the list is quite large. More importantly, what your having issues with is also contained and stated in the list.

Good Luck.... :)

Back