Download of the Week: Droplr and WinDroplr

By Jos
Apr 15, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. Droplr is a web-based service that makes sharing things like images, notes, links and just about any type of file you'd use on your computer dead simple. Using a companion desktop application, users can hit a keystroke to take a screenshot and have it automatically uploaded to the service, or drag & drop any file or snippet of text to the Droplr icon sitting on the dock or menu bar to host it. Once uploaded, Droplr returns a small notification with a shortened URL that's automatically copied to your system's clipboard so you can share it with anyone.

Read the whole story
  2. mario

mario Ex-TS Developer Posts: 399   +17

I've been using Droplr for a while on OS X and it is really great for sharing files fast. There's also CloudApp (http://getcloudapp.com/) on the Mac but I prefer Droplr because their app has a smaller memory footprint although both services work very similarly.
  3. Julio Franco

Julio Franco TechSpot Editor Posts: 6,519   +311

As recommended by Mario/Jose, Droplr is a nifty little tool to grab and share screenshots in a snap.
  4. PinothyJ

PinothyJ TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 429   +15

But I don't want to make a Twitter account :(...
  5. cyrusjumpjet

cyrusjumpjet TechSpot Member Posts: 93

Maybe I'm not investigating enough... but I'm having trouble distinguishing the purposes of these apps and Dropbox & Evernote...

Getting confused

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.