TechSpot

Download of the Week: Droplr and WinDroplr

By Jos
Apr 15, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. Droplr is a web-based service that makes sharing things like images, notes, links and just about any type of file you'd use on your computer dead simple. Using a companion desktop application, users can hit a keystroke to take a screenshot and have it automatically uploaded to the service, or drag & drop any file or snippet of text to the Droplr icon sitting on the dock or menu bar to host it. Once uploaded, Droplr returns a small notification with a shortened URL that's automatically copied to your system's clipboard so you can share it with anyone.

Read the whole story

2. mario

mario Ex-TS Developer Posts: 399   +17

I've been using Droplr for a while on OS X and it is really great for sharing files fast. There's also CloudApp (http://getcloudapp.com/) on the Mac but I prefer Droplr because their app has a smaller memory footprint although both services work very similarly.

3. Julio Franco

Julio Franco TechSpot Editor Posts: 6,943   +552

As recommended by Mario/Jose, Droplr is a nifty little tool to grab and share screenshots in a snap.

4. PinothyJ

PinothyJ TS Guru Posts: 439   +17

But I don't want to make a Twitter account :(...

5. cyrusjumpjet

cyrusjumpjet TS Member Posts: 87

Maybe I'm not investigating enough... but I'm having trouble distinguishing the purposes of these apps and Dropbox & Evernote...

Getting confused