Download of the Week: Mozilla Thunderbird 3

By Jos
Dec 10, 2009
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mozilla Messaging, the mail focused branch of the non-profit Mozilla Foundation, this week removed the beta tags from its Thunderbird client and made the final version available for download. This long-overdue update to the popular Microsoft Outlook alternative brings several handy new features and much needed improvements, including a revamped search system and support for tabs in the user interface.

Read the whole story
  2. Souljacker

Souljacker Newcomer, in training Posts: 24

Woohoo, new Thunderbird... Looks good - haven't tried many of the features yet. Don't like the smart folders though.
  3. Relic

Relic TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,392   +16

Been using Thunderbird for a while now and always liked it. Smart folders is gonna take a bit getting used to, but so far Thunderbird 3 is rather nice :) .
  4. Richy2k9

Richy2k9 TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 515

hello ...

i'm still stuck with TB vers 1.5 i think, i will check out this one for sure.

cheers!
  5. guyver1

guyver1 TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 106

since moving all my email accounts over to googlemail online I've not needed a software 'client'.

with gmail i can send and receive email as any of my email accounts and i dont have to worry about backing up email files or folders if something happens to my windwos install and i need a clean install.

I'm very very impressed with googlemail, i wont be using an email client ever again.
  6. Kibaruk

Kibaruk TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,195   +69

Actually before opening the link to download I gave a thought over this, and then read the comments.

I was thinking into giving thunderbird a chance, although I read this and I too use googlemail with links to other accounts and with the offline option it's like software client.
  7. JMMD

JMMD TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,177

I'm using TB 2, I really like it as an alternate to Outlook. I'll wait a little while before upgrading to 3.
  8. compdata

compdata TechSpot Paladin Posts: 604

Looks nice, especially for people who don't have a quality online email account. I don't think i am going to bother with it though as Gmail (especially with their new offline support) has pretty much everything i need. Maybe if they released thunderbird for my ipod touch ;-) to replace the email client i use there.
  9. ET3D

ET3D TechSpot Paladin Posts: 948   +29

Been using 2 for a while (since I left SeaMonkey), and downloaded 3 but haven't installed it yet. Since Jose seems to be impressed with it, maybe it's time I installed it.
  10. Rick

Rick TechSpot Staff Posts: 6,304   +52 Staff Member

Gmail is precisely what I use Thunderbird FOR.

There are a number of reasons, but if you use your Gmail for more than just personal stuff, it's really useful to have a software client.. Be it Thunderbird or not.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.