Download of the Week: Mozilla Thunderbird 3

By Jos
Dec 10, 2009
  1. Mozilla Messaging, the mail focused branch of the non-profit Mozilla Foundation, this week removed the beta tags from its Thunderbird client and made the final version available for download. This long-overdue update to the popular Microsoft Outlook alternative brings several handy new features and much needed improvements, including a revamped search system and support for tabs in the user interface.

Read the whole story
  2. Souljacker

Souljacker TS Rookie Posts: 24

Woohoo, new Thunderbird... Looks good - haven't tried many of the features yet. Don't like the smart folders though.
  3. Relic

Relic TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,379   +16

Been using Thunderbird for a while now and always liked it. Smart folders is gonna take a bit getting used to, but so far Thunderbird 3 is rather nice :) .
  4. Richy2k9

Richy2k9 TS Enthusiast Posts: 515

hello ...

i'm still stuck with TB vers 1.5 i think, i will check out this one for sure.

5. guyver1

guyver1 TS Booster Posts: 110

since moving all my email accounts over to googlemail online I've not needed a software 'client'.

with gmail i can send and receive email as any of my email accounts and i dont have to worry about backing up email files or folders if something happens to my windwos install and i need a clean install.

I'm very very impressed with googlemail, i wont be using an email client ever again.
  6. Kibaruk

Kibaruk TechSpot Paladin Posts: 2,407   +459

Actually before opening the link to download I gave a thought over this, and then read the comments.

I was thinking into giving thunderbird a chance, although I read this and I too use googlemail with links to other accounts and with the offline option it's like software client.
  7. JMMD

JMMD TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 854

I'm using TB 2, I really like it as an alternate to Outlook. I'll wait a little while before upgrading to 3.
  8. compdata

compdata TechSpot Paladin Posts: 526

Looks nice, especially for people who don't have a quality online email account. I don't think i am going to bother with it though as Gmail (especially with their new offline support) has pretty much everything i need. Maybe if they released thunderbird for my ipod touch ;-) to replace the email client i use there.
  9. ET3D

ET3D TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,159   +67

Been using 2 for a while (since I left SeaMonkey), and downloaded 3 but haven't installed it yet. Since Jose seems to be impressed with it, maybe it's time I installed it.
  10. Rick

Rick TechSpot Staff Posts: 4,573   +65

Gmail is precisely what I use Thunderbird FOR.

There are a number of reasons, but if you use your Gmail for more than just personal stuff, it's really useful to have a software client.. Be it Thunderbird or not.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.