Status
Not open for further replies.

dhillonfc

Hello there !!!!

Please answer to this strange problem.

I use DAP or internet download manager 4.01 for downloading my data
from the internet.

They both download very well upto 99% level, but after that
downloading becomes extremely slow or timed out.

How do I deal with that?

You may need to clean up your Temporary Internet Files.
In IE, click on Tools/Internet Options. Then click on "Delete Files", tick "Delete all offline content" and click OK.
In Firefox, click on Tools/Options, on the left click on Privacy, then on the right click on "Cache". Then click on "Clear" inside the yellow marked area, click OK.

Now in Windows Explorer go to C:\Documents and Settings\{username}\Local Settings\Temp and delete everything in there.

Now for the best, uninstall DAP, it is riddled with adware and/or spyware.
Also install that Internet Download Manager.
They probably get into each others way anyway.

Surf to www.stardownloader.com and install StarDownLoader. It is free, and one of, if not THE best.

Is this really a problem of download accelrators ?

because I have tried many of them but none succeeded.
even default windows downloader is ineffective.

At the same time pages are being downloaded normally without any problem.

I don't know your PC-specs (fill them in please in "User-Profile", top left on any screen).
All these downloaders break up the file in several portions, that are downloaded simultaneously. At the end (at the 99%), these portions need to be re-assembled to make one file again. That's where your PC "hangs". If your HD has very little free space left, or is badly fragmented (when did you last do a defrag?), it needs to collect all the bits from all over the place, and this takes time. If you have a weak CPU and/or little memory, this will also take up a lot of time.
The mentioned Stardownloader is very good, even under averse conditions, and as with most, can pick up again if the download is interrupted for whatever reason.

I'm sure you have seen TechSpot's Sticky "Read" about Downloaders: https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic157.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back