Downloader trojan

Status
Not open for further replies.

scottik38

Hi all, am a newbie here, just did a google search to remove a downloader trojan and your site looked the best.

Have been following the instructions you have posted here for attempting to remove the downloader trojan. Have gotten to stage 11, ran the rootkit test and have my results ready for your advice. Have attached to here as you have asked :)

Awaiting your advice,

Thanks in advance,

Scottik38

Hi scottik38

Sadly you will need to continue all steps until finished (fully)

This one attachment does not help you or us

yes, I just realised that I should have had some other results for you to see.

Jumped the gun abit I am afraid, nevermind, will start again from step 1 and see how we go.

Scottik38

thx, it's amazing how you need to run so many programs to get rid of this trojan. They sure make themselves vert resiliant to removals. Will try your new link now, many thanks

Logs are ready

Have done all you said on the new thread, looks much easier than the other one, and have uploaded the logs. Also uploaded a jpg of screenprint of the message I get when trying to access my own webpage i been designing for our family tree. Hope it helps you in some way. Am awaiting your reply.

Thanks again in advance,

Scottik38

Windows Live Messenger

Not sure if this is relevant or not, but everytime I try and run my Windows Live Messenger (filename msnmsgr.exe, it starts doing an install. See pic 1

Then just as the install starts, an error message pops up on the screen. I will try to copy and paste it in next post.

After that, the Windows Live Messenger pops up onto my screen and I log in. However, and not every time, just as it logs in, the whole computer turns off and restarts itself.

Will send this post now and attach message to the next one, just incase it resets itself again and I lose all this posting

Scottik38

Error Message

Pic 2 shows the error message I get. I beleive I am running the newest version of Windows Live Messenger, any other information I can give you. My OS is Windows XP.

Maybe you have a updated link to Windows Live Messenger and I can uninstall and reinstall again?? What do you think?

Scottik38

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back