Downloading drivers and Internet not working

Hello everyone,

I am new here and hlping that someone could please help me with my problem. I have a acer aspire 5810tz , I was running windows vista but upgraded to windows 7 my internal microphone stop working. I downloaded the drivers for the realtek microphone and restarted my computer. Well the microphone works but the internet will not. I have a data card that I used thru alltel to get online. If I remove the realtek driver that I added my internet goes back to working. I am not understanding what I am doing wrong. I went to acer and that is where I am doing loading the drivers from so I dont think I have the wrong drivers. Could someone please help me with this problem.

That is a common problem with ACER... VISTA Drivers and Windows 7 drivers are different, and they generally do not make updated drivers for machines designed for VISTA and converted to Windows 7

when I changed to window 7 it was the upgrade that microsoft offered because it was a the point they were change everthing to windows 7 . so the upgrade came from them. well is their any other drivers i can download for my microphone that will not block my internet .

Back