TechSpot

Downloading drivers and Internet not working

By cbtyboopa
Oct 11, 2010
Post New Reply
  1. Hello everyone,

I am new here and hlping that someone could please help me with my problem. I have a acer aspire 5810tz , I was running windows vista but upgraded to windows 7 my internal microphone stop working. I downloaded the drivers for the realtek microphone and restarted my computer. Well the microphone works but the internet will not. I have a data card that I used thru alltel to get online. If I remove the realtek driver that I added my internet goes back to working. I am not understanding what I am doing wrong. I went to acer and that is where I am doing loading the drivers from so I dont think I have the wrong drivers. Could someone please help me with this problem.

2. raybay

raybay TS Evangelist Posts: 10,716   +6

That is a common problem with ACER... VISTA Drivers and Windows 7 drivers are different, and they generally do not make updated drivers for machines designed for VISTA and converted to Windows 7

3. cbtyboopa

cbtyboopa TS Rookie Topic Starter

when I changed to window 7 it was the upgrade that microsoft offered because it was a the point they were change everthing to windows 7 . so the upgrade came from them. well is their any other drivers i can download for my microphone that will not block my internet .

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.