Downloads going to all users

By learner1
Dec 9, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. Hi there,
    My problem is that when i download an app it goes to my desktop.
    When i oppen and install the app it goes to all user profiesand they can access in
    program lists
    Can I limit this to my own profile
    I am using firefox on windows xp.

That means that all my apps are available to all users.
    and i cannot stop them using them are kowing what i am doing??
    They all have Administration profiles as i want them to download their own programs.
    I just want to know if i can limit all my own downloads to my own profile without interfering with their own downlods or windows updates.

Would there be something in windows xp to change this?

I am not doing explosive sex are anything like that.
    But have received comlaints fro other users about crowding their program files and desktops.
    and i am obsessive about my privacy,
    There are tools i use to various things and do not want them to have access are knowledge of them.

Surely windows having set up multiple users should have a Question(or in firefox when downloading) that would not interfere with windows automatic updates?
    "Do you want to install downloads to all users "
    thanks again.
    kevin
  2. learner1

learner1 Newcomer, in training Topic Starter Posts: 52

Got this from another forum

"If they don't like them showing up in their start menu then remove them from the All Users Start Menu Programs folder.
    C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs

And make sure they are just in your Start Menu
    C:\Documents and Settings\username\Start Menu\Prog."

my warning: copy the icons into your user name start menu folder before you delete them from all users start menu

kevin

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.