TechSpot

Downloads going to all users

By learner1
Dec 9, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. Hi there,
    My problem is that when i download an app it goes to my desktop.
    When i oppen and install the app it goes to all user profiesand they can access in
    program lists
    Can I limit this to my own profile
    I am using firefox on windows xp.

That means that all my apps are available to all users.
    and i cannot stop them using them are kowing what i am doing??
    They all have Administration profiles as i want them to download their own programs.
    I just want to know if i can limit all my own downloads to my own profile without interfering with their own downlods or windows updates.

Would there be something in windows xp to change this?

I am not doing explosive sex are anything like that.
    But have received comlaints fro other users about crowding their program files and desktops.
    and i am obsessive about my privacy,
    There are tools i use to various things and do not want them to have access are knowledge of them.

Surely windows having set up multiple users should have a Question(or in firefox when downloading) that would not interfere with windows automatic updates?
    "Do you want to install downloads to all users "
    thanks again.
    kevin

2. learner1

learner1 TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 43

Got this from another forum

"If they don't like them showing up in their start menu then remove them from the All Users Start Menu Programs folder.
    C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs

And make sure they are just in your Start Menu
    C:\Documents and Settings\username\Start Menu\Prog."

my warning: copy the icons into your user name start menu folder before you delete them from all users start menu

kevin