Downloads stop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tha General

Using Vista32bit, i am still learning about this OS, and everything is working great. However, before i go to sleep at night, i sometimes download files, then turn my monitor off, but when i wake up the files haven't finish it. It stops like 30% complete. I also have emule running downloading stuff, same thing happens.

It seems like my internet connection shuts down when the monitor shuts down or something.

Do i have to change some settings?
is this a power saving thing?

My computer used to do that also. Is your computer set to go to sleep after a certain amount of time? If so, just set only the monitor to turn off, and not put the computer to sleep. Go to Control panel: Power Options: Edit Plan Settings, and set "put computer to sleep" to never.

Do the same and don;t let any external devices (like USB drives) go to sleep either.

/* EDIT */
You may need to configure device power options via Device manager.

Open Dev Mgr, rt click the device Properties. Click the Power (or Power Mgt - i forget the exact label) tab. Check the power management options there

OOooops. And almost forgot. Do the same thing (via Device Management) for each of your network adapters (ie. find its Power Management tab and don't allow the computer to power it off to save power)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back