Dragon Age III: Inquisition confirmed, won't repeat DA II's mistakes

By Matthew
Sep 17, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. It's no secret that BioWare is working on a new Dragon Age game, but the developer has just made its first official announcement about the title, providing a few vague details about its features. Mark Darrah, executive producer of the...

Read more
  2. TomSEA

TomSEA TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,319   +370

Wow...already in development for two years and won't be released for at least another year? I'll bet they had to do quite a bit of starting from scratch when DAII came out to brutal user reviews.
  3. I'd love to see a real sequel to DA:Origins
    Bring back the top-down view and the extremely hard combat.
    I like having to pause and think of tactical combat decisions, when I wanna mash buttons I play a different game.

DA2 was....just a button masher.
  4. Prosercunus

Prosercunus TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 114   +8

Dragon Age lost my trust with Part 2. I may or may not pick up Dragon Age 3, but that franchise is on wait and see status. If community enthusiasm is shown and reviews are excellent (both "professional" and community reviews) I will consider buying it... when it goes down in price.
  5. H3llion

H3llion TechSpot Paladin Posts: 944   +94

Nice but.

What I have learned with Biowares Recent Trend is that, THEY LIE!
    Tactical likes this.
  6. amstech

amstech TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 800   +201

Dragon Age II was made to fit consoles in every way, shape and form, (even gameplay) so they could bank some dollars. I still play Dragon Age: Origins.
    H3llion likes this.
  7. spydercanopus

spydercanopus TechSpot Guru Posts: 802   +87

If it doesn't come out on Steam like DA2, I'm not buying. Steam has a feature I need that Origin doesn't: "Backup and Restore games". My Internet connection is pretty slow because I live in the country so I can't re-download a game every time I want to play it. I'd leave everything installed but my SSDs are only 128GB. I have a 4TB HDD array for storage and it's so nice to be able to import/export off the hard drives into the SSD.
    H3llion likes this.
  8. dennis777

dennis777 TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 274   +29

I wish they make Origins Hero Warden and Hawke a playable character at the same time... that would be epic!!!
  9. Burty117

Burty117 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,470   +299

Origin does have a backup system, or at least a kind of backup system, if you go into preferences, you'll find a setting to "save your downloaded games". if you tick this and choose an area to save to, everytime you download a game it keeps the installer in this area, so when you need to re-install or completely wipe the program, you can simply double click on the .exe in this folder to kick off the install.
    spydercanopus likes this.
  10. spydercanopus

spydercanopus TechSpot Guru Posts: 802   +87

OMG! Thank you!
  11. psycros

psycros TechSpot Booster Posts: 669   +202

They shoulda named this series "Blood Age" considering the absurd fountains of it during combat. DA I was impossibly difficult, hopelessly buggy and a letdown in almost every way. It ushered in the age of the single player cash shop experience. DA II? Well, what's left be said about that made-for-consoles abortion? Sorry, Bioware, but you've lost all respectability. You used that same line about studying Bethesda stuff before DA II came out! Its pretty bad when you're recycling your own BS.

12. colinf

colinf Newcomer, in training Posts: 43   +7

you don't even need to use that.

just copy the Origin-Origin Games folder
  13. TorturedChaos

TorturedChaos TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 843   +11

I think I may be the only person who had fun playing DA2 :p. I got incredibly board playing DA:O. But with 2 I was also sick for 4 days and had just borrowed the game from a friend, so maybe because I didn't have any $$$ invest in it I had more fun playing it.
  14. Twixtea

Twixtea Newcomer, in training Posts: 87

Looking forward to this, although the 2nd one was rather dissapointing.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.