DRAM voltage

Hi, Tmagic. Not sure why you requested a new thread on this comment, but ok...

I was reading your reply to yonick111 regarding his computer issues. He copied a lot of data from his system and you replied: "The minidumps suggest that the DRAM voltage might be a bit too low"

I'd be interested in learning, what in those minidumps indicated to you that the DRAM voltage might be too low?

TIA

Alright, you may think you have the same problem, but I don't... What are your system specs? Things like motherboard, memory and power supply make and model. If you are Running DDR3 memory, the DRAM voltage should be around 1.52 volts. Do you have any minidumps to post, and exactly what is YOUR problem?

While I am having some issues with my computer, I'm really just trying to learn. I looked through yonick111's minidumps and was really just trying to understand what they were telling you so that I might apply it myself. I thought perhaps there was something particular in there that indicated a problem with memory voltage.

I do appreciate your offer to help... and I probably will ask for it. But I try to fix things myself first, before I impose on other people's time & generosity.

Thanks.

Minidumps provide clues to driver, program issues, and general Windows instability issues. Many times there is no direct help. So what is your exact problem? What are your computers specs? All this information helps more than minidumps alone. Understand?

I appreciate your offer to help. Here goes...

My PC is about 2 years old. Running Win7-64 Pro SP1. I have not made any hardware changes recently...
It is an ASUS A8N-SLI Deluxe MB with an i7-860 CPU running at 3.66 GHz. Primary drive is a 120 GB OCZ-Vertex SSD with a more traditional HD as a secondary storage unit. Video is a Radeon HD6870. Couple of DVD drives. The CPU is cooled with a Corsair water unit and radiator. Ambient temperatures here have been hot, but the room is AC'd and reasonably cooled. The MB temp is running 100F and the CPU is usually at 108F.

In the past 3 weeks, the PC has crashed twice. Hard. I don't recall if I received the BSOD... I think so. But after the crashes, I was unable to restart windows or even get to the restart in safe mode option. Windows tried it's normal tricks to repair the system, but I eventually had to restore the whole thing from a back up (taking hours) before it would start. There are no files in my c:\windows\minidump folder, but I assume that is because they were wiped out when I restored.

During the start up repair, I wrote down some of what seemed to be significant windows messages:
Problem event name: StartUpRepairOffline
Problem signature 01: 6.1.7600.16385
02: same
03: unknown
04: 21200907
05: autoFailover
06: 4
07: corrupt file
osversion: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
LocalID 1033
Root cause found: Diagnosis and repair details
Boot Critical File: F:\windows\system32\drivers\N360x64\0602010\symds64.sys is corrupt.
Boot Critical File: F:\windows\system32\drivers\N360x64\0602010.005\symds64.sys is corrupt
Repair action file repair

Another SSD issue... The drive may be starting to fail OCZ's are common failures these days. Is it under warranty?

Back