DreamWeaver froze is there anyway I can save my work?

Jskid

DreamWeaver froze is there anyway I can save my work? I haven't closed it yet but it hasn't been responding for 5 minutes.

**** is there a way to make it save periodically automatically? It's like the one time there's a deadline this happens

Use the keyboard shortcut of CTRL+S or click the disk icon on the Standard toolbar to quickly open the "Save As" dialog box.

The cause of the freeze may make a difference in your options but you have not given us any information to work with.

THIS is a Google search page with multiple hits using search term dreamweaver freezes save work? Have a look at all the causes, see if any match what you are having, then check for 'save' options.

As for saving periodically, I don't know if it can be done automatically, but a good practice to use when you are assembling any work is similar what you would do with a Word doc:
1. Set up the work and begin.
2. Click on File> Save As> Name it> Save to location you want.
3. Add/change as you want.
4.During the work in progress, click on File> Save or use the icon in the toolbar for Save.

Save As is used first to name and set location, type of file.
Save is used to add more content. It can be used during the incrementally as many times as you need. Then if the power goes our or the program freezes, you will have what you've done saved.

Don't listen to Bobbye's stupid and clearly unhelpful response. I know that this is old but seeing my frustration as I only came up to this page addressing the issue I'll still leave the response for others to see: what did it for me was to close a process called dreamweaver helper in the Task Manager, it reopened, and I ended the task many times again until Dreamweaver finally responded, saying that the Renderer crashed. This was about 5 or 10 min after the crash. Cheers

Back