TechSpot

Drive Image 2002 on Win98 SE: Error when using USB drive as destination ?

By hkl99
Oct 19, 2005
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I am trying to use Drive Image 2002 on a PC running Windows 98 SE.
    I had to update to Win 98 SE as Win 98 does not recogize the Seagate USB drive I have. I installed the Drive Image 2002 successfully.
    When I tried to create the image, Drive Image 2002 let me selected the drive I want to make an image of (C: ) and the destination drive (D: which is the USB drive). When I clicked "Final" button to proceed with imaging, it had displayed a message telling me "the job I want to do requires reboot". I clicked YES button, then it went on to do its reboot. Then I got an error with an error code #626, basically telling me "The destination device is not visible in boot mode".
    I thought Drive Image 2002 is supposed to work with USB drive, what's the problem here? Can anyone help? Thanks.
    Also, I created boot disk using this Drive Image 2002 installation. When I boot using the boot disk, I can see my USB drive. I think this is the same problem.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.