Drive Image 2002 problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
I use "Drive Image 2002" which works fine in creating and restoring images. However everytime the program re-boots my computer and displays the files it's loading before the program itself starts creating or restoring an image. I always get this same error message displayed to me every time.

Himem.sys: Cannot control address line at A20

Even though this has no effect in the program working fine. Is there a way of fixing this problem.

Welcome to Techspot!
I would try running Scandisk just to make sure you have not developed a bad sector.It should fix it if that's what it is.

realblackstuff said:
If you are running it from a floppy, check the autoexec.bat and config.sys files on it.
Remove the line with A20 in it.

I know about editing the autoexec.bat and config.sys files on floppys if I was booting from then. The problem is I have a laptop which does not have a floppy drive at all. So do you know were on the laptop these same files can be found and edited. Can this be done saftley on the laptop rather than from floppys boots without it effecting the O/S.

If I need to edit these same two "autoexec.bat and config.sys" files on the laptop itself can you please be more specific as to were exactly these two files are located and what lines need to be edited out exactly. So as to not effect other inportant boot lines in these two files that windows uses.

Gary Take a couple of minutes to fill in your 'Profile" with Your Hardware and Software O/S info,this helps to get faster more precise answers.
You can find these file running Search on your machine, just make sure your system files are set 'Not Hidden"
If you find A20 in a line , and you can't tell if it is safe to remove or rem,post the files back here ,we will find an answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back