Driver Corrupting System

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riftpoint

Hi
I'm having an odd issue, and unfortunately i don't have all the specifics at the moment, but i'll get them if i crash again...

I keep getting the BSOD, saying that i have a device driver attempting to corrupt my system, first it was an ATI TV TUNER driver listed, then mpfp.sys for McAffee. I took care of both of these and now i will get the same message, but without the listing of a file.

I can boot to safe mode no problem, and i will only randomly crash once in windows. My soundcard will also only emit a constant loud static.
As far as i know i have all the newest drivers and my memory appears to pass all tests...

My system:

Vista Business 32bit
AMD X2 DC 5400+ 2.81ghz
2 1g Geil Memory Sticks
nVidia 8800GTS 640mb
Creative X-FI extreme gamer

Any help would be great! thanks.

Just update all your hardware drivers at your manufactures support web page (computer name and/or M/B not listed)

Did That...

I've reinstalled the all the drivers, but it still hasn't solved the static on the sound card (it litterlaly won't play anything but static). My system is also pretty sluggish at the moment too.

Inside the 3 MiniDumps:

Probably caused by : storport.sys

Well that makes it easy !

Smart Array Controller

But the fix (that's interesting!)

Here's some info from HP
https://msmvps.com/blogs/spywaresucks/archive/2007/06/04/941366.aspx
Their fix is to uninstall a MS update:
Fix - remove update 932755

Another site said to just update the Smart Array drivers
But another said nothing worked until they Repaired Windows!

So that may be fun :)

Crashed again

I just crashed the comp again trying to fill my comp spec in profile, here's the dump from that crash (not entirely sure it'll make a difference)
It didn't list any driver on the BSOD, but just told me again that a driver was trying to corrupt the system.

Ok, so i don't see 932755 as an installed update (i'm also not sure what an HP Proliant is...). I also tried the windows repair on boot yesterday, it couldn't fix the problem. How do i determine what smart array driver i need? or is it a standard thing?

Inside the new MiniDump:

Extra Analysis :
IMAGE_NAME: storport.sys
DEBUG_FLR_IMAGE_TIMESTAMP: 4549b1a1
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: 0xc4_0_VRF_storport!RaidAllocatePool+15
BUCKET_ID: 0xc4_0_VRF_storport!RaidAllocatePool+15
Followup: MachineOwner

Please update your Raid Drivers
If you don't hav Raid (on your HardDrives)
Please disable it in system CMOS

Well, it happened again.... took a lot longer this time. No minidump file for some reason though, and the stop code i got ended in D1 instead of C4. I got the IRQL message with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back