Driver for cheap webcam needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

hagakos

Hi all.I got a free webcam from a friend.I don't have any installation cd though and my computer only recognizes it as USB Device
The hardware idz i get in device manager are
USB\Vid_093a&Pid_2622&Rev_0100&MI_00 and
USB\Vid_093a&Pid_2622&MI_00

it's this one
yfrog.com/0ceowebcamj

Anyone willing to help
Thanks in advance

Alright i've gone through something like 300 different webcams and found none which looked like yours lol ...... I guess one need to be monumentally lucky to find it this way.

I dont know what the heck this is but your device ID string got me there:

https://www.drivercure.com/driver/driver_vendor.php?id=1F849440-9341-4663-92FD-9E52C603C0DE
Good work Archean :grinthumb

hagakos' hardware IDs point to a Genius Eye 312 web cam and your link points to a driver for it!!

I also managed to hunt down the Genius support site for the Eye 312 cam link here

@hagakos: A bit more info....
Even if your cam looks different then the Eye 312 they're both based on the same internal video chip (which is why they'd have the same hardware ID even though their outside assemblies may look different)

Often (but not always) you'll find the same software works for two different cams that use the same internal chips. So try the downloads for the Genius Eye 312

Thanx guyz.I also googled the hardware id and i got the same as Archean.I guess I'm gonna have to dl those drivers and see what happens(well i already started downloading them when i found them but it's taking firever-9KB/s!!!!)
Oh and looking through some webcams on google i found this one that looks exactly like mine:
eridanusoptics.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=423
But I can't see any manufacturer or anything...
Either way you guys are great.Thank you so much!!I'll try to see if I can get it to work and let you know

After downloading the drivers-and it took quite some time-I tried installing them but nothing...
It still shows my webcam as USB Device...
Any ideas on what I can do next?

> First try rebooting
> Which version of Windows are you running? and is it 32 or 64 bit? (Click for how to determine whether you are running 32 or 64 bit windows)
> What was it you downloaded/installed? (maybe you can indicate or post the link)

Also, let's see what Windows reports. While the cam is connected
  • Click Start->Run, enter: msinfo32. Click the + sign next to Components to expand it
  • Click Problem Devices. Anything appear?
  • If yes, click on it, Ctrl-A to select all, Ctrl-C to copy it, Ctrl-V to paste into next post
If the cam driver isn't installed or isn't working/is a problem then i'd expect the cam to appear in the Problem Report

I already rebooted and still nothing...
Ive downloaded everything from the link you posted_both the driver and the application and also the zip file from archeans post but nothing...Oh and I'm using 32 bit windows xp

Edit
I typed msinfo32 but it poped-up a message saying that the file is missing...

That's odd... Maybe a typo? or try msinfo32.exe

If it's really missing that's another (though likely different) problem. You can also try this method instead:
Click Start->Programs->Accessories->System Tools->System Information (this is another method.) Then look under Components->Problem Reports (for more info about msinfo32.exe you can also see here)

Another method to check on a specific device driver status: You can also go into Device Manager, rt click the web cam Properties, look under the General tab. What is device status? Is it Working Properly or equal to an error code? (if so, what is the code number?)

First of all thank you so much for taking an interest in my problem.
The most obvious solution to the problem however was the one I haven't tried so far:I told my friend who gave me the webcam to get off his a... and look around his house for an installation cd,which he eventually found!
So I used it to setup my webcam and-as expected-worked like a charm ;)
Either way thank you both very much for all your advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back