Driver for unknown webcam

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there a driver that can be used for all webcams? I have a webcam but I lost the installation CD and now it won't work. It has no indication on it what company made it so I don't even know where to begin looking. It's silver and round with a swivel head. It can be clipped right onto a laptop. I try to do a search for a driver with windows but I didn't find anything.

Attachments

• P1000804.JPG
    P1000804.JPG
    11.7 KB · Views: 10
  • P1000805.JPG
    P1000805.JPG
    11.4 KB · Views: 6
This is what you need to do identify your device

Connect your webcam and then check for Windows report on Problem Devices
  • Click Start->Run, enter: msinfo32
  • Click the + sign next to Components to expand it
  • Click Problem Devices. Anything appear?
  • If yes, click on it, then Edit->Select All, Edit->Copy Paste into next post
Windows should report the device ID for your specific webcam

Intel(R) PRO/Wireless 2915ABG Network Connection PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_4223&SUBSYS_10408086&REV_05\4&1D3F0FBB&0&20F0 This device is disabled.

That's the only thing that was listed, not the webcam. In the properties it says the manufacturer etc is all unknown.

1) What type of web cam connection do you have (i assume it's USB??)
2) Was it inserted in a USB port at the time you checked for problem devcies???
3) and i'll guess you know you';re wireless network adapter is currently disabled ;)

/* EDIT */
You need double check if Windows is "sensing" the web cam. Windows should sense the web cam hardware regardless of whether or not the driver exists (you can also manually look in Device manager for any unknown devices (usually with a yellow question mark) WHEN THE WEB CAM IS CONNECTED. If windows doesn't sense the web cam, you have bigger problems that a driver can't fix.

I have been able to find most webcams on google by setting the search to images it can be time consuming but if u've tried all other ways of identifying your cam maybe this will help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back